CARS Sandwiches & Shakes is now hiring Shift Leaders! Come join the team at CARS of Montclair. We are Montclair's first, and most popular, fat sandwich, quick service restaurant! We specialize in serving fat sandwiches, burgers, wings and shakes. New hires should be ready for a fast paced, team oriented work environment that focuses on serving quality food quickly.
The Shift Leader (SL) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of running his/her shift. This includes ensuring tickets are completed quickly and accurately, overseeing food prep, managing delivery orders, and ensuring all sanitation, cleanliness, safety and quality standards are upheld by all staff members. Availability to work late nights, weekends and some holidays is a must.
- Provide enforcement of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Keep customer wait times to a minimum while maintaining standards of quality and product consistency.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Work different stations to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Control food cost and usage by following standard recipes and waste control procedures.Including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Responsible for inventorying food and paper products and verifying all deliveries are received in correct unit count and condition in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Responsible for training kitchen and FOH personnel in cleanliness and sanitation practices.
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow instructions from GM and pass instructions along to all staff
- Great interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively manage all employees to ensure all policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Works well in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Comfortable in a kitchen environment and able to read and follow recipes
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid time off
- General Manager
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old