Head Swim Team Coach
North Providence Barracudas Swim Team
- Oversees all levels of swimming: designs and plans for all groups
- Directly coaches at least one group
- Educates and supervises all coaches
- Sets practice schedule
- Sets practice groups
- Attends highest level of competition and sees that all swim meets are attended by a team coach
- Determines meet schedule for team
- Oversees individual and team entries
- Supervises athletes at meets
- Sets attendance and discipline policies for swimmers
- Prepares a monthly report
- Plans or help develop budget
- Member of nominating committee for team officers
- Assists in fundraising
- Maintains office hours
- Attends pertinent meetings (team, LSC, etc.)
- Oversees communication: web site, newsletters, meet information, publicity, team records
- Oversees purchase of equipment
- Prior swim experience preferred.
- Prior instructor/swim coach experience.
- Ability to work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to positively interact with the general public.
- USA swimming certification is preferred but not required.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED for the professional rescuer certification.
- Knowledge of Team and Meet Manager systems.
- Knowledge of/background in general training and fitness (for dry lands) preferred
- Experience in planning, developing and implementing training sets.
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume and references to the Aquatics Director at email@example.com .
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old