Specialty's Cafe & Bakery, a rapidly expanding, 27-year-old company is currently seeking a great BAKER to join our vibrant team at Columbia Center. We focus on gourmet baked goods that are made-from scratch. We do not use a centralized commissary system so everything we produce is fresh out of the oven, every morning! We do not require any experience for the baker position, but you should possess excellent communication skills, enjoy a busy work environment, like to learn, and want to grow with us.
To execute proper pre-bake, baking, and post-bake procedures in a timely fashion and to achieve consistency and excellence in finished product so as to provide customers with freshly baked product throughout the day; to fulfill catering needs on time; and to provide the kitchen with ample bread for sandwich production.
1. Follow baking schedule
2. Practice proper baking procedures
3. Understand proper use of all equipment including walk-in refrigerator, walk-in freezer, proofer, oven, thermometer, and racks
4. Communicate with others
5. Strive for detailed knowledge of product line
6. Maintain a clean area
7. Be quick, accurate and organized
8. Perform other specified duties per Hourly Floor Operations Schedule (HFOS) which will include Customer Service
1. Be physically able to work an eight (8) hour day or more while on your feet
2. Be able to work early morning shifts; start time is based on business needs and may vary from 3:30am to 5:00am
3. Safely lift ten (10) to fifty (50) pounds
4. Have ability to perform basic mathematics on the spot
5. Show sharp attention to detail
6. Excellent customer service skills
Specialty’s Café & Bakery is an equal opportunity employer and offers an environment which treats all of our employees with mutual trust and respect. We encourage open and honest communication and recognize creativity.