Dining Room Manager - Pizza Antica Mill Valley
We are currently seeking an experienced, energetic full time Manager to Join Our Team.
The perfect candidate is passionate about food, wine, beer and spirits, and above all providing first class hospitality to our guests and our community. The Candidate embodies both hospitality and caring, works well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and is interested in growing and learning with us.
To be successful you should have:
* The ability to train and lead a team to produce a quality and consistent product with friendly, knowledgeable, technically correct service in a pleasant yet disciplined environment while maintaining a healthy, professionally managed business.
* The ability to employ and retain the top level of personnel and work to ensure the continued education and development of all employees.
* Organize and prioritize a multitude of tasks by using by personal discretion and independent judgment.
* Handle several tasks and projects at once and can effectively delegate such tasks while efficiently communicating with employees and fellow management.
* The ability to manage and interact with staff in a fast-paced environment, while under pressure, remaining flexible, resourceful and efficient, is crucial to this role.
* Clear and effective social and verbal communication capabilities, attention to detail, and impeccable leadership skills are a must.
* Employ and maintain proper staff levels while adjusting per business and staff needs.
* Ensure all proper Policies and Procedures are followed, including but not limited to: onboarding, warnings, conflicts, suspensions, terminations, workers compensation, training, annual reviews, Meal & Rest Period and compliance with state and federal law.
* Achieve budgeted revenue, cost of goods and labor costs.
* Manage employee development program by continually training and educating staff to stay focused to ensure quality of service.
* Create a culture of teamwork where the best interest of the guest is the only interest to be considered during service and that service timing is based on 'what will happen next' as opposed to 'what just happened'.
* Have working knowledge of methods, descriptions and sound bites for all food and beverage items as well as train staff on such items.
* Keep proficient in wine and food knowledge.
* Perform a thorough inspection of the facility on a daily shift by shift basis.
* Encourage staff to work clean and operate equipment responsibly to prevent accidents or breakage as well as reprimand for unsafe behavior.
* Maintain a safe, sanitary, enjoyable atmosphere in all areas of the restaurant.
* The manager is a full time exempt position, which may require extra hours as needed.
Pizza Antica Mill Valley is located at 800 Redwood Hwy #705, Mill Valley, CA 94941. We are part of Bacchus Management Group, a boutique San Francisco-based hospitality and lifestyle business that owns and oversees a number of the most awarded restaurants in Northern California, including the Michelin-starred restaurants Spruce in San Francisco and The Village Pub in Woodside; Mayfield Bakery in Palo Alto; The Saratoga in San Francisco; The Village Bakery & Cafe in Woodside; and sister Pizza Antica locations in Danville, Lafayette, and Santana Row. In addition to our restaurants, we operate an artisanal wholesale coffee roasting company, RoastCo, and a private organic farm, SMIP Ranch.
If you are looking to be a part of an established and rapidly growing hospitality company, please submit your resume with the application.