Dining Room Manager - Pizza Antica Mill Valley
As a manager you must have the ability to organize and prioritize a multitude of tasks by using by personal discretion and independent judgment. In addition, the manager will need to be able to handle several tasks and projects at once and have the ability to effectively delegate such tasks while efficiently communicating with employees and fellow management.
The ability to manage and interact with staff in a fast paced environment, while under pressure, remaining flexible, resourceful and efficient, is crucial to this role. Skillful social and verbal communication capabilities, attention to detail, and impeccable leadership skills are a must.
The manager is a full time exempt position, which may require extra hours as needed.
* Employ and maintain proper staff levels while adjusting staff levels when business dictates.
* Manage employee development program: twice annual staff reviews and quarterly manager reviews.
* Ensure all proper employee relations policies and procedures are followed, including but not limited to: hiring, terminations, documentation of employee warnings, conflicts, suspensions, new hire procedures, training and annual reviews.
* Ensure that all new hire, termination, workers comp and other paperwork correspondence with Bacchus is filled out accurate, complete and turned in on time.
* Ensure compliance with all state and federal employment laws
* Ensure staff is scheduled intelligently. Be aware of staff special needs.
* Achieve budgeted revenue, cost of goods and labor costs.
* Oversee that proper Meal & Rest Periods are being taken by staff.
* Continually train, educate and develop staff and keep staff focused to ensure quality of service.
* Communicate clearly and effectively.
* Create a culture of teamwork where the best interest of the guest is the only interest to be considered during service and that service timing is based on 'what will happen next' as opposed to 'what just happened.
* Have working knowledge of methods, descriptions and sound bites for all food and beverage items as well as the ability to train staff on such items.
* Keep proficient in wine and food knowledge.
* Perform a thorough inspection of the facility on a daily shift by shift basis.
* Encourage staff to work clean and operate equipment responsibly in order to prevent accidents or breakage as well as reprimand for unsafe behavior.
* Maintain a safe, sanitary, enjoyable atmosphere in all areas of the restaurant.
Applicants for management positions must include a resume for consideration