Host - Pizza Antica Santana Row
We are looking for an energetic people who are very passionate about food, wine, beer and spirits, and above all providing first class hospitality to our guests and our community.
The perfect candidate is someone who embodies both hospitality and caring, works well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and is interested in growing and learning with us.
To be successful you should have:
• 1 Year restaurant experience
• A flexible schedule including nights and weekends
• A passion for hospitality
• Teamwork abilities
• A love of food
* The ability to multitask, build rapport and share information about guests with their server to help tailor guest experience.
* Be prepared to answer a broad base of questions in person and on the phone, from directions to restaurant concept.
* Orchestrate efficient floor plan to reach maximum capacity. Be aware of who you are seating where, in addition to paying close attention to advance guest requests.
* Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival, if you cannot speak to them immediately, glance/nod to show your acknowledgement of their presence.
* Ensure that guests are made comfortable and kept informed of the status of their wait times.
* Communicate the transfer of bar tabs from the bar to reservations in the dining room.
* Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible. Check all coats, umbrellas, hats and gifts.
* When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
* Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness. Clean menus of food and stains.
* Relay messages to servers and bus-persons as needed.
* Give all guests a sincere goodbye using their name as well as an invitation back.
* This is a non-exempt position. The host reports to the shift managers, managers and the General Manager.
Pizza Antica Santana Row is located at 334 Santana Row, Suite 1065, Santana Row, CA 95128. We are part of Bacchus Management Group, a boutique San Francisco-based hospitality and lifestyle business that owns and oversees a number of the most awarded restaurants in Northern California, including the Michelin-starred restaurants Spruce in San Francisco and The Village Pub in Woodside; Mayfield Bakery in Palo Alto; The Saratoga in San Francisco; The Village Bakery & Cafe in Woodside; and sister Pizza Antica locations in Lafayette, Mill Valley and Danville. In addition to our restaurants, operate an artisanal wholesale coffee roasting company, RoastCo, and a private organic farm, SMIP Ranch.
If you are looking to be a part of an established and rapidly growing hospitality company, please submit your resume with your application.