Host - Pizza Antica Santana Row
As the host is generally the first one to interact with arriving guests, it is important to greet and welcome everyone in the establishment and use this opportunity to set the tone for the guests evening. As a host it will be your responsibility to perform your position in a professional and warm manner. The ability to multitask will be key to the success of this position.
Finally, as host it is a critical responsibility to give others encouragement daily and actively work to uphold all Bacchus values, ultimately taking measures to do whatever it takes to ensure our guests satisfaction and to make a concerted effort towards the happiness of every person.
This is a non-exempt position. The host reports to the shift managers, managers and the General Manager.
* Orchestrate efficient floor plan to reach maximum capacity. Be aware of who you are seating where, in addition to paying close attention to advance guest requests.
* Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival.
* The moment the guest walks through the door, if you cannot speak to them immediately, glance/nod to show your acknowledgement of their presence.
* Build rapport and share information about guests with their server to help tailor guest experience further.
* Communicate the transfer of bar tabs for guests who are seated at the bar to reservations in the dining room.
* Check all coats, umbrellas, hats and gifts.
* Be prepared to answer a broad base of questions on the phone, from directions to restaurant concept.
* When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
* Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
* Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
* Relay messages to servers and bus-persons as needed.
* Give all guests a sincere goodbye using their name as well as an invitation back.
* Clean menus of food and stains.
** It should be noted that this job description may not include every duty or responsibility that a person in this role may be asked to perform, other related duties may be required as assigned.