Line Cook - Pizza Antica Mill Valley
Finally, as cook it is a critical responsibility to give others encouragement daily and actively work to uphold all Bacchus values, ultimately taking measures to do whatever it takes to ensure our guests satisfaction and to make a concerted effort towards the happiness of every person.
The position of cook is a non-exempt position. This position reports to kitchen management and the Chef.
* Assume responsibility for quality of products served.
* Know and consistently adhere to our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, as well as company policies and procedures.
* Stocks and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service.
* Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area.
* Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
* Handle, stores and rotates all products properly.
* Complete required tasks within assigned time frames.
* Track and report any food waste.
* Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
* Open and/or close the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing the kitchen.
* If a meal is returned for any reason, correct the problem and report the return to the manager.
* Adhere to food safety and sanitation guidelines.
* Perform related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing recycling, cleaning around restaurant and help with any other projects as assigned by the kitchen manager.
** It should be noted that this job description may not include every duty or responsibility that a person in this role may be asked to perform, other related duties may be required as assigned.