Sous Chef - Pizza Antica Lafayette
Pizza Antica combines the centuries-old traditions of Italian cooking with California’s fresh, artisanal ingredients, creating a unique style of pizzeria in a class of its own. Pizza Antica calls upon local farmers and ranchers, meat curers, cheese producers, and bakers to supply them with top-quality ingredients used to create handcrafted recipes, like thin-crust pizzas, savory meat and fish dishes, house-made pastas, and more.
Our ideal candidate:
• Is creative and cost-conscious.
• Brings his or her previous supervisory experience in a high-volume kitchen.
• Is a hard worker with strong skills as a line cook (lead by example).
• Can handle constructive criticism and feedback.
• Responds proactively to guest, supervisor, and employee concerns.
• Has working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• A culinary degree is preferred, but not required.
• Contributing to weekly prix fixe lunch menus, as well as holiday special menus.
• Maintaining quality and consistency of the food coming off the line.
• Ensuring that the kitchen is in compliance with health, labor, safety, and sanitation standards.
• Hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating kitchen staff.
If you are looking to be a part of an established and rapidly growing company, please respond with your resume in the body of an email. Qualified applicants will be responded to swiftly.
Pizza Antica is one of four California Pizza Antica locations, and is part of Bacchus Management Group, a boutique San Francisco-based hospitality and lifestyle business that owns and oversees two Michelin-starred restaurants, Spruce in San Francisco, and The Village Pub in Woodside; Mayfield Bakery & Cafe in Palo Alto; and Pizza Antica (Lafayette, Mill Valley, Santana Row, Santa Monica). In addition to their restaurants, they have a coffee roasting company, RoastCo; private farm, SMIP Ranch; and proprietary self-titled magazine, Bacchus.