Sous Chef - Pizza Antica
Knowledge and execution of proper staffing, onboarding and termination procedures are required.
A critical responsibility is to give others encouragement daily and actively work to uphold all Bacchus values, ultimately taking measures to do whatever it takes to ensure our guests and employees satisfaction and to make a concerted effort towards the happiness of every person.
The Sous Chef reports to the Head Chef. This is a full time exempt position, which may require extra hours as needed.
Our ideal candidate:
* Is creative and cost-conscious.
* Brings his or her previous supervisory experience in a high-volume kitchen.
* Is a hard worker with strong skills as a line cook (lead by example).
* Can handle constructive criticism and feedback.
* Responds proactively to guest, supervisor, and employee concerns.
* Has working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* A culinary degree is preferred, but not required.
* Contributing to weekly prix fixe lunch menus, as well as holiday special menus.
* Maintaining quality and consistency of the food coming off the line.
* Ensuring that the kitchen is in compliance with health, labor, safety, and sanitation standards.
* Hiring, training, motivating, and evaluating kitchen staff.
Pizza Antica is one of four California Pizza Antica locations, and is part of Bacchus Management Group, a boutique San Francisco-based hospitality and lifestyle business that owns and oversees two Michelin-starred restaurants, Spruce in San Francisco, and The Village Pub in Woodside; The Saratoga in San Francisco; Mayfield Bakery & Cafe in Palo Alto; and Pizza Antica (Lafayette, Mill Valley, Santana Row, Danville). In addition to their restaurants, they have a coffee roasting company, RoastCo; private farm, SMIP Ranch; and proprietary self-titled magazine, Bacchus.
Browse similar jobs (13)
Walnut Creek, California 94596
Berkeley, California 94704