Guest Service Agent
To greet and register guests with sincere hospitality and effective communication skills, provide prompt and courteous service, and close out guest accounts upon completion of stay to meet Ceres high standards of quality.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Average Percent of Time
30 • Completes the registration process quickly and accurately by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promotes Ceres marketing programs. Makes appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Codes electronic keys. Non-verbally confirms the room number and rate. Provides welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office area.
20 • Closes guest accounts at time of check out and ascertains satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiates compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
10 • Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Offers services and upsells as directed by management, consistent with customer needs. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice, listens to understand requests or problems, responds with appropriate action, solutions and follows through. Provides accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
10 • Verifies and imprints credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handles cash, makes change and balances an assigned house bank. Accepts and records vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Converts foreign currency at current posted rates. Performs accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Posts charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer. Balances and sell stamps.
10 • Promptly answers the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Inputs messages into the computer. Retrieves messages and communicates the content to the guest. Retrieves mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
5 • Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolves complications such as location changes, credit issues, guest anger or stress.
5 • Fields guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Plans and implements detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion while displaying sincere concern. Drives shuttle when needed.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ceres from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Team members with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with Ceres rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Team members who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Summons front service/bell assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
- Provides safety deposit boxes for guest by escorting them to the vault pulling the box from the vault and carrying it to the customer. Files access slips in room order when Front Office Clerk is not scheduled.
- Checks inventory for and monitors the Pavilion Pantry convenience mart.
- Operates facsimile machine to send, receive and log incoming transmissions. Notifies guests of incoming faxes.
- Uses the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
- Files registration cards in room number order.
- Retrieves registration cards from the files for each check out.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor, such as assisting other Front Office staff.
- Lifts, stores, and moves supplies from the storeroom to the Front Office area weighing up to 50 lbs.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to effectively interact as a team member with co-workers to provide excellent guest service.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information at a speed of 40 words per minute using a moderately complex computer system as well as processing and using reports.
- Ability to perform several function simultaneously and adapt to varying levels of business activity.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry a maximum of 40 lbs.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old