Assistant Restaurant Manager
We have a part-time/full-time opening for a Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 3 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Job Title: Restaurant Assistant Manager
Job Location: Austin, Texas (Downtown area)
Job Status: Full-Time
Job Pay: $45K/Yearly
We are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Manager to work for our company in our Austin Location. Must have good working knowledge of total operation of restaurant within standards and guidelines.
1. Be certified in all job codes
2. Have professional appearance and manner
3. Maintaining safety and sanitation standards
4. Be able to handle company funds within unit.
5. Good communication skills, verbal and written to be able to handle supervision, training and development of employees and guest concerns.
- Directs the work of all restaurant employees; such direction includes supervision, advancement, discipline, termination or any other change of status.
- Due to the nature of 24-hour service and to ensure that restaurant is running effectively, management must be punctual to relieve outgoing staff.
- Significant role in the recruitment, interviewing and hiring of restaurant staff.
- Assists in the development of plans supportive of company strategies to achieve business growth (sales and profits) and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinates and control restaurant operations to include front and back of house.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned and presented properly in a clean, safe and sanitary manner according to all established procedures, performance standards and specifications.
- Must have working knowledge of all equipment and make sure that it is in good working condition.
- Meets and oversees standards from the Health Departments, Denny's inspectors and safety acts at all times.
- Completes assigned office duties: guest checks, validations, timely drawer changes, audits and balance daily and weekly closeouts, schedules and inventory.
- Assist to ensure that facility and equipment are adhered to through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and that safety and sanitation requirements are met at all times.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through effective and efficient service and a clean and pleasant environment.
- Successful completion of Manager in Training program and additional training as required
- Above standard verbal and written skills
- Good organizational skills
- Able and willing to address guest concerns
- Knowledge of all facets of restaurant operations
- Ability to assist in training and filling positions as needed
- Must have good basic math skills including understanding of restaurant cash register and cash handling procedures The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the restaurant.