Culinary Associate II
A co-worker’s job title is only the beginning of who he/she is to our residents because here, each co-worker serves a position and a purpose. We care for our residents the way we all would want to be treated: with dignity, compassion and respect. To honor the care and commitment that they offer to our residents every day, we work hard to provide a rich benefit package, an environment which encourages career development and competitive compensation.
Position Summary: Possesses the ability to read and follow recipes to ensure consistency of product. Prepares and serves food items for either breakfast and lunch or dinner. Assists with meeting or exceeding resident dining expectations. Is knowledgeable in food preparation and presentation. Other relevant duties may be required or assigned by management.
Routine Functions of the Position:
- Ensures quality of food at all times
- Keeps area clean and maintains sanitation
- Breaks down and cleans all equipment used (ex. Slicer, robot coupe)
- Attendance at, and participation in meetings and trainings
- Fills out temperature sheets, production sheets, and daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning charts.
- Practices time management and multitasking daily to put out meal in a timely manner
- Ensures that food is cooked to and served at the correct temperatures
- Handles knives on a regular basis
- Demonstrates skill in plate presentation and portion control
Critical Success Factors:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and comprehend the same
- Willingness to learn new food preparation techniques and presentation
- Ability to work effectively with immediate supervisor
- Ability to work in harmony with co-workers. Must display team behaviors
- Able to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintains a clean a sanitary work station
- Knowledge of and compliance with QMI requirements.
- Able to communicate/mobility/vision/reading/hearing/manual dexterity
- Continuous standing (100%)
- Walking (20%)
- Lifting and carrying (40 lbs.) and push/pull 100lbs.
- Frequent pushing and pulling/occasional stooping/bending/crouching
- Workplace includes entire campus and occasional off-site functions
- Equipment use: walk-in and reach-in coolers / steam tables / mixers / tongs / knives / spatulas / plates / griddles / ovens / broilers / microwaves / ladles / measuring utensils/ etc.
- Hourly non-exempt position
- Serv-Safe Certification
- Complete Nutrition Training
- Shadow PCAs for Lunch and Dinner in The Memory Support or Restorative Care sections of your facility
- Attend Fireside Chats or Resident Committee Meeting
- Conduct In-service training for peers
- Demonstrate Competency in soup prep, roasting, vegetable prep and speed scratch baking
- Complete daily meal rounds in dining room
- Develop 8 Chef's Specials (approved by Dining Director)
- Experience: At least one year of kitchen related experience.
- General: Must complete mandatory dining orientation with Dining Services Director. Must present a neat, clean appearance and demonstrate a positive, cheerful attitude.