Carbon Fiber Operator
• Supply quality products in efficient, timely manner; follow and enforce safe work practices and quality procedures;
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Utilize and comply with the Quality Management System
- Follow directions given
- Properly use materials to minimize waste
- Ensure proper housekeeping, safety, product assembly, vise and clamp use, autoclave, pattern layout, equipment maintenance and documentation, paperwork (i.e. prints, work orders…)
- Keep area clean and organized at all times
- Follow safe work practices (safety glasses, protective gloves, hearing protection, etc.)
- Use creativity to find ways to improve processes
- Finish carbon fiber parts by sanding and polishing
- Efficiently operate cutting table
- Handle aluminum plates and molds. Finishing and polishing of molds as necessary
- Use of hand tools and power tools
Knowledge / Skills / Ability
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior manufacturing experience is beneficial.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General computer skills needed to access blueprints, cutting profiles, engineering documents and operate computerized equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude;
- like working with your hands;
- good communication skills;
- attention to detail;
- Ability to read and understand blueprints /work orders.
- Ability to use a tape measure and other measuring instruments.
- Will be certified to operate an overhead crane.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands.
- Must be able to perform daily lifting (est. 25lbs. several times a day)
- The employee is required to walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are reprehensive of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- The noise level in the work environment is fairly low and is representative of the light industrial manufacturing environment.
- layup room maintains temperature of 60 degrees year round
- work schedule consists of: 6:00am – 4:30pm; Monday – Thursday; overtime as required;
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old