Catering General Manager
Lessing's... A Legacy of Remarkable Hospitality
Lessing's operates 80 Contract Food Service locations in Education and in Business & Industry, five Main Street restaurants, three fine-dining restaurants, fourteen catering facilities, a country inn and five Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza franchises. The company employs more than 1,500 people, and is now ranked in the top 40 food service companies in the U.S.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop long-range and annual Catering business plans
• Driving revenues in various segments with a heavy focus on social and wedding business.
• Exceeding customers’ expectations with great knowledge, professionalism, and genuine service.
• Solicits, negotiates and books new and repeat business through sales efforts while maximizing catering and event sales to meet / exceed revenue goals.
• Develops target list for outbound sales efforts.
• Runs activity and financial reports and discusses results with management, by week, month and annually.
• Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence and ensuring all sales staff members execute a great customer experience.
• Conducts site tours; hosts awareness events as scheduled.
• Direct and coordinate sales managers and their sales.
• Support business strategies which are aligned with Lessing’s vision and values
• Menu development & costing, and any marketing functions as they relate to the sales department.
• Follow up on all details of client events from planning to completion of the event.
• Benchmark competition for catering best practices and pricing.
• Involvement in community activities; network with local businesses.
• Establish budgets, control costs and find ways to increase Catering profits.
• Be proactive in maintaining or exceeding financial goals.
• Qualify internal leads and turn inquires into events/sales.
• Oversee the recruiting, hiring and training of personnel.
• Supervise and motivate supervisors and staff.
• Maintain the look and feel of the Catering buildings and grounds to exceptional levels.
• Build positive relationships with the clients, their guests, and potential clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Reports to Vice President of Catering Operations.
• Minimum 5 years catering management experience in a high volume property
• Exemplary leadership and supervision skills
• Superior client relations skills
• Administrative abilities in budget administration
• Must have a keen eye for detail.
• Results oriented and enthusiastic.
• Must have extremely high standards in all areas and a passion for guest service.
• Computer and Internet competency including Excel, Word, and event software.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.