Now Hiring DRIVERS
Start your CAREER today - We want YOU to join our team!!
Many opportunities for GROWTH and ADVANCEMENT!
The Driver is responsible for safely operating a transit motor vehicle. The primary objective of the Driver is providing safe, reliable, and efficient public transportation.
(Training may be provided for those not meeting the aforementioned criteria).
WALK IN APPLICANTS WELCOME
Monday through Friday from 8 am to 6 pm
Location: 2050 Villanova Drive, Reno, NV 89502
Can't stop by? Please apply online at careers.mvtransit.com
- On-Time passenger pick-up and delivery.
- Proper documentation of activities.
- Conducting pre- and post-trip inspections to ensure proper operating condition of vehicle and on-board equipment.
- Successfully performing scheduled manifest by picking up all clients on time and delivering them to their destinations safely and within a reasonable time frame.
- Ensure safe and clean vehicle condition at the start and end of each shift.
- Communicating effectively with dispatch or central office personnel via two way radio.
- Adjusting to variables in normal working conditions, including adverse weather, traffic and construction, passenger problems, accidents and trip changes.
- Providing excellent customer service including assistance in boarding and deboarding, supplying information, and responding appropriately in the event of emergency.
- Document thoroughly the course of the day including odometer readings, times, and passenger information.
- Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
- Employing all techniques of defensive driving to minimize the risk.
- Maintaining a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Candidates must be 21 years of age or over.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Report to work on time and in proper uniform as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Maintain a strong attendance record.
- Class B with passenger and air brake endorsements preferred, but not required.
- Safely operate a passenger transportation vehicle.
- Maintain a good rapport with the general public.
- Follow company safety and operational rules and procedures. Write reports in coherent, legible manner.
- Other functions related to the position may be assigned.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old