Security Systems Installation Technician
We have a full-time opening for a Security Systems Installation Technician.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Background check required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Installation Technician Why Join Us?
SecurAlarm is a family business focused on supporting our team, building leaders, and promoting creative thinking to get things done. We invest in talent and create an environment for people to grow. Our entrepreneurial spirit is the energy that drives us to be a leader in integrated security solutions in West Michigan. Our dedication to engineering, installing, and servicing the highest quality systems available has earned SecurAlarm a reputation of excellence within the security industry.
Is this role right for you?
-Do you take things apart and put them back together just to see how they work?
-Do you enjoy working with your hands and like to see a project through from start to finish?
-Do you want to come to work each day knowing that what you do protects what is important to our clients?
In this role you will:
- Install conduit, wire, and devices using engineered documents, manuals, and shop drawings
-Understand electrical theory and how it relates to installation needs
- Maintain accurate documentation and records of task completed, as-built drawings, and close-out procedures
-Take ownership in your personal and professional development
-Enthusiastically learn industry standards and technological developments
-Consistently progress towards NICET II certification within 2 years by fulfilling the Fire Alarm Specialty Technician apprenticeship program requirements
-Find opportunities to grow as a leader: listen without being defensive, evaluate without shame, accept responsibility without blame, and change without delay
- Support after hour client needs through the On Call rotation
This is the ideal position for someone that is looking to start their career or take it to the next level with a stable, well respected and established company. Our salary and benefits set the standard in our industry, include a very competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and paid vacation and holidays. We are dedicated to setting this role up for success through a deliberate training program. We want to invest in your success!
The successful candidate must be results oriented, customer focused, possess strong technical and mechanical aptitudes and have the ability to work independently on multiple issues.
-Valid DL, Authorized to work in the U.S., and pass a background screening and drug test
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Manual dexterity required for frequently reaching, climbing and lifting of small to large objects, and operating construction equipment.