Doc Magrogan's Oyster House was developed as a way to pay tribute and homage to the great tradition of enjoying oysters. Doc's serves the finest handcrafted beers, superior wines, fresh sustainable seafood, premium local steaks, and the largest oyster selection in the region.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a cutting-edge concept and have a passion for your craft, this may be the fit for you. Our team is seeking the "best of the best" in the industry as we continue to grow rapidly, with advancement opportunities available. This is a great chance to be part of an awesome team that you can be proud of and truly enjoy, day in and day out!
We're looking for highly motivated, experienced line cooks who can work in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, guest centric environment.
- Responsible for preparing all food items according to prep sheets and standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality
- Cooking, plating, garnishing, and expediting food
- Maintaining communication with front of house staff to ensure timely service to the guests
- Using safe food handling procedures
- Helping to develop daily specials
- Assisting with training
- Minimizing waste
- Ensuring that all work areas remain clean and organized
- Ensuring that all food products are stored properly; and completing other duties as assigned
- Average to above knife skills
- Ability to follow and troubleshoot recipes/menu items with little or no difficulty
- Ability to efficiently set up and maintain workstation
- Ability to demonstrate the outlet style of cuisine through food tasting and preparation
- Ability to assist Executive Chef & Sous Chefs with maintaining accurate inventory levels
- Ability to handle average amounts of prep work and work 2-3 stations with little or no difficulty and minimal assistance
- Ability to work with position, supportive attitude, skill, speed and cleanliness
- Ability to exhibit proper food handling procedures in accordance with Pennsylvania regulations and obtain ServSafe certification.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of a culinary institute, military school or formal on-the-job training preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of food preparation experience required
- Experience with quantity food preparation preferred
- Demonstrate cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes
- Knowledge of proper nutritional requirements
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old