We have a full-time opening for a Medical Receptionist.
Must be able to work various shifts per week.
- Must have 2 or more years experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
A state-of-the-art orthopedic practice focused on providing the community with specialty orthopedic care. Our practice is a full-service provider of comprehensive bone, joint, and muscle care, with four state-of-the-art facilities located across Silicon Valley and the South Bay region. Our goal is to continue our mission in providing our patients with the highest level of care and compassion they deserve in a personalized setting.
We are looking for a professional, service-oriented team player to join our very busy orthopedic practice in Capitola. As a full-time medical receptionist, you will be the first point of contact and play an essential role in creating a welcoming and supportive environment. Candidates must be able to coordinate and track a variety of details to provide a seamless patient experience.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent work ethic, be a quick learner, enjoy multi-tasking and staying organized, be flexible, and understand the importance of a positive, courteous and a professional attitude in the workplace. Great attention to detail and clear communication with patients are essential.
If you possess these qualities, please read on.
Below is the job description:
General Summary: A non-exempt, clerical position responsible for receiving incoming telephone calls in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner and greeting/assisting patients and visitors in the same manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Routes calls appropriately, offering voicemail, paging, or redirection of calls if needed.
- Greets patients and visitors and assists them as appropriate. Phones or pages employees to meet visitors, directs visitors to appropriate waiting areas, and appropriately and courteously screens solicitors for relevance to organization needs.
- Explains financial obligations to the patients or responsible parties and collects co-pays and balances as required.
- Preps physicians' schedules/charts for eligibility days in advance.
- Communicates daily scheduling changes to clinical staff.
- Registers and updates patients' personal information.
- Provides appropriate forms to patients as necessary.
- Reconciles payment batches at the end of each business day.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
Experience: Two or more years of experience in customer service or reception, preferably in a health care environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and organization services.
- Knowledge of insurances, HMO, PPO, and authorization process.
- Knowledge of computerized practice management system.
- Ability to use multi-line phone system, including transferring calls and paging.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to details.
- Performs well under pressure and adapt to fast-paced environment.
- Prevents, calms, or defuses irate callers, patients, and visitors by working with them to identify and address concerns.