JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Manager works productively to fulfill their job requirements and assist the Restaurant Manager in achieving restaurant goals of customer satisfaction and profitability.
1. Serves customers correct, complete orders within service time goals, according to the Customer Service Standards, the Priority Guidelines, the telephone and front counter station procedures and if necessary, the Remedy Process.
2. Prepares and ensures consistent, high quality products are served to customers as described in the Little Caesars O.J.T. Guidebook, Magnum Foods Company Policy Manual and the station job helpers.
3. Displays the proper image and follows Little Caesars policies, procedures, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Little Caesars O.J.T. Guidebook and Magnum Foods Company Policy Manual.
4. Cleans and organizes work stations and ensures the standards for restaurant image are maintained as directed by management and as required by the local health department.
5. Performs cash management responsibilities and ensures compliance by Team Members to all safety and security procedures as defined in the Little Caesars O.J.T. Guidebook and Magnum Foods Company Policy Manual.
6. Provides direction and feedback to Team Members and follows up by coaching and counseling to ensure job duties are performed and all Little Caesar standards, procedures and policies are achieved.
7. Performs the tasks associated with food, paper, labor, and utility cost controls and monitors shift activities to ensure compliance.
8. Completes all daily paperwork neatly and accurately as described by the O.J.T. Guidebook and Magnum Foods Company Policy Manual or as directed by management.
9. Follows all procedures associated with opening and closing the restaurant, handles unexpected events in a professional manner, and notifies appropriate parties in a timely fashion.
10. Completes assignments as directed by the Restaurant Manager including, but not limited to; weekly and period end paperwork, staffing and training, marketing, restaurant image and cleanliness.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Assistant Manager receives direction and training from the Restaurant Manager, the Operations Career Path class, and Little Caesars training materials. During each shift, they motivate, direct and coach Team Members to work proficiently at their assigned stations, and then follow-up to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner, and according to Little Caesars procedures.
They ensure the restaurant is prepared to meet the needs of their customers and work diligently to ensure each customer is satisfied with the service and product they receive.
They support the Restaurant Manager and assist in building sales and controlling costs by using all cost control tools and processes. They trouble shoot operational problems and find acceptable solutions.
Please discuss the job responsibilities with your Restaurant Manager. Detailed list of each station's responsibilities and duties can be round in the "Team Member Orientation and Training Handbook" and the "Operational OJT Guide". Types of equipment used can be found in "Operations Manual". Your Restaurant Manager will discuss the essential job functions, which are normally defined as fundamental activities conducted on a daily or regular basis that will affect the success of the restaurant.
The Assistant Manager will be scheduled to work approximately 30-40 hours each week. This position requires hands on style of management and physical work such as: lifting, squatting, and standing for long periods of time.
Perform the functions listed in this job description; the following tasks will be required:
The ability to lift and move up to 55 pounds.
The ability to reach and move items from as high as 6 feet and as low as 6 inches off the ground.
The ability to control and utilize equipment safely and correctly; i.e., sheeter machine, VCM (Berkle), sauce ladle, cheese cups, pan grippers, spatula, pizza and dough cutter, different types of knives, can opener, pastry brush, scales, microwave, telephone, cash register, etc.
The ability to apply pressure to cut through and clean products.
The ability to effectively communicate to customers and coworkers (reading, speaking, hearing, writing).
The ability to understand direction, instructions and product specifications.
The ability to process and complete customers orders.
The ability to comprehend and practice all training material and standard operating procedures.
The ability to successfully pass required training programs for certification.
The ability to use mathematical skills to compute sales totals, percentages, inventory usage, food orders, employee work schedules, cash handling results and projecting business needs.
The ability to supervise and direct a number of people at the same time and to motivate them to achieve goals, duties and deadlines.
The ability to legally drive an automobile adhering to all state and local traffic laws.
1. Have previous experience in restaurant, retail, or a position involving customer contact.
2. Be at least 18 years of age.
3. Have a completed a minimum of 30 days as a member of the crew. Newly hired Assistant Manager Trainees must successfully complete the Assistant Managers class and the Training Evaluation.
4. Be recommended by their restaurant manager and evaluated by their Area Supervisor and Director of Operations.
5. Possess excellent verbal communication and interpersonal relations skills.
6. Be dependable, hard working and have the ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations.
7. Be able to work a standard schedule of approximately 30-40 hours per week and be able to perform all the essential functions of the job.
8. Possess a valid driver's license. Possess a reliable vehicle and has auto insurance as a primary driver to complete banking or delivery responsibilities as required.
9. Provide documentation that proves their eligibility to work in the United States.
Please Note: Little Caesars reserves the right to change, modify, suspend, interpret, or cancel in whole, or in part, any of the duties outlined above, at any time, and without advance notice to the employee.