Manager in Training (MIT)
Reports to: Area Manager
Location: Various (MA, NH, RI, ME)
Hours: 32+ hours per week required
If you have a good attitude, like working with people and are ready to work hard, you have come to the right place. Nouria Energy is committed to hiring quality people and taking good care of them so they will take good care of our customers. Customers visit our stores for much more than a good value on gasoline and products, they come for the value of a warm smile and courteous welcome.
The management trainee's primary responsibility is to participate in training experiences, learn new skills, and to demonstrate increasing proficiency and expertise with managerial responsibilities. The management trainee program will prepare the trainee for decisions s/he will be making, and the actions s/he will be taking in the areas of people management, operations management, and merchandising management when s/he assumes the role of store manager. The MIT assists Store Manager in all aspects of daily shift management by performing the following duties.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Assists Store Manager in all aspects of daily shift management, including customer relations, inventory control, procedural tasks and paperwork, as well as visual merchandising.
- Maintains both individual and shift sales.
- Provides daily shift floor coverage.
- Trains Sales Associates.
- Supervises POS.
- Provides security & loss prevention in store.
- Maintains company standards regarding personal and store sales/performance metrics.
- Stock shelves and refrigerated coolers
- Assist manager in minimizing the loss of cash and inventory and operating within assigned shrink targets.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws within the scope of the convenience/food store operation
- Shadow manager in day to day operations
- 1 year of supervisory experience in convenience store, retail, fast food, or restaurant operations
- Ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced work environment
- Have strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated, resourceful, creative, organized
- Must have an outgoing personality and approachable demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to provide any level of coverage if needed, including nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to bend down, stoop low, and also stand for at least 8 hours
- Ability to properly lift, pull and/or push up to 50 lbs.
- Successful completion of certification testing as needed
- An understanding of the importance of customer service and a commitment to delivering superior customer experiences is a must
- MS Outlook, Word, and Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Must be willing to work any shift within operational hours of the store and weekends
- Must be 21 years old
- Must be willing to undergo a background check
- Must be willing to work a 50 hour work week
- Must be willing to transfer one or more times to different store locations to learn in various environments and be able to adapt to these new environments quickly and easily
The company offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including performance bonuses, 401K Plan, and great work environment.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs (1113)
ATTLEBORO, Massachusetts 02703
Attleboro, Massachusetts 02703
Attleboro, Massachusetts 02703
Browse similar jobs
- Earn Bonus Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Convenience Store Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Merchandising Jobs
- Outgoing Jobs
- Retirement Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Positive Attitude Jobs
- Quality Assurance Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Restaurant Jobs
- Food Service Jobs