Lead CookWe have a full-time opening for a Lead Cook.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 16+ years old
Looking to work in a high quality dining environment where your shift ends at 8:00 pm? You found the right place!
We are seeking a Full Time Lead Cook to enrich our Dining Services team. Our three dining venues include a full-service dining room, bistro and a café. We have a high-quality cook to order menu that emphasizes choice and quality. As a member of our Dining Services team you will provide quality service to our residents in a rewarding work environment.
40 hours, 5 days per week, 11:30 am-8:00 pm shift, including some weekends and an occasional 6:00 am-2:30 pm shift
- Act as lead cook preparing meals to order in a timely fashion
- Review menu cycles and check supplies needed for all meals and special events
- Oversee production and produce menu items according to recipe
- Ensure consistent portion size, appropriate degree of doneness, quality/flavor, food temperature and presentation
- High volume production
- Maintain proper standards for taste, temperature and appearance
- Three years’ experience in fine dining setting
- Culinary Arts Degree desired
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Detailed working knowledge of food service equipment
Brookhaven offers its employees competitive wages, subsidized medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off, and participation in a retirement plan.