As the Restaurant General Manager, you will achieve sales growth and maintain company standards of excellence for your location by overseeing all team member and training them to execute QSC standards (quality, service and cleanliness) and to provide exceptional customer service. You will also have a variety of general operations managing responsibilities with a focus on cost control and maximizing profitability.
Your specific duties in this position will include:
- Overseeing operations for your location and maintaining the highest standards in quality, service, and cleanliness with a constant focus on profitability.
- Interviewing and hiring adequate staff to operate the restaurant based on company standards and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Scheduling sufficient staff to cover operations and to accommodate guest flow.
- Training and developing management team and crew using current company training system.
- Evaluating performance at company designated intervals and designing a development plan with each employee to improve performance.
- Maintaining a cooperative and professional working relationship between management team and your crew.
- Providing coaching, counseling and discipline as warranted.
- Conducting crew and administration organization team meetings as needed to discuss operation procedures.
- Handling HR issues as they arise, including disciplinary write-ups.
- Maintaining an adequate supply of products and items necessary to maintain smooth operations.
- Conducting weekly inventories.
- Controlling payroll to meet company labor cost standards.
- Controlling inventory to meet company GAP standards.
- Supporting the team and District Manager in their operational decisions.
- Maintaining reports and records based on company standards and in full compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Maintaining building and equipment via proper operating, cleaning, and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assuming responsibility for cash for all shifts, including bank deposits, and ensuring that all cash procedures are properly adhered to.
- Maintaining professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Ensuring that all sanitation, safety, security policies and procedures are observed and enforced.
- Performing other tasks as directed by the District Manager
As a Restaurant General Manager, you must display excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. You must also be customer-driven and able to make quick and effective decisions under pressure while delegating tasks appropriately. It is also important that you have a competitive nature and that you take an entrepreneurial sense of ownership in your career development and in the company’s success.
Specific qualifications for the Restaurant General Manager position include:
- 2-5 years of experience as a Restaurant General Manager.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable and insured transportation.
- Strong conflict-resolution skills.
- Solid organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Good documentation abilities.
- Excellent personnel development skills.
- Ability to balance hands-on work with effective delegation skills.
- Available to work all shifts and weekends.
- Good references.
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Previous quick service experience.
PM - Star Corp LLC