The Line Person’s primary responsibility is serving the guest. As one of the first Co-workers who has the opportunity to make a positive impression on the guest, the Line Person must be attentive, helpful, and pleasant in appearance and personality. The Line Person should treat all Golden Corral guests as if they were guests in his or her own home and sustain an environment that is inclusive and welcoming for all guests.
Requirements: Friendly, customer-focused individuals who enjoy serving others in a team environment.
- Assists guests by being able to describe all menu offerings and how the Golden Coral line ordering systems operates.
- Ensures that lemon wedges are always fresh and that other line products are always available.
- Handles payments accurately.
- Processes to-go orders and assists guests at the Buffet by the Pound station.
- Is friendly and courteous on the phone.
- Offers assistance any guests who may need help.
- Follows the Steps of Line Service.
- Opens and closes the line area efficiently and quickly.
- Brings equipment problems to the attention of the Manager.
- Communicates cash levels in the drawer to the Manager to reduce cash in drawer for liability purposes.
- Assists with the buffet and Server area, as directed by the Crew Leader, Assistant Manager, or Manager.
- Performs duty roster and cleanliness and quality responsibilities.
- Ensures that small wares are always clean, dry, and available for guests.
- Follows local health department laws.