Retail Sales Associate
- To help with customer assistance, cash register operation, sales/monetary transactions, opening/closing procedures.
- To maintain positive customer and employee relations; reporting any problems/complaints immediately to the store manager.
- To assist with inventory, display, merchandising and placement of stock on sales floor, stock rotation and mark-downs.
- To assist with picking/straightening up or arranging merchandise and housekeeping tasks to ensure neat, clean and safe working environment.
- To become familiar with and use proper handling techniques and equipment to ensure safe handling of merchandise.
- To become familiar with and follow store policies and procedures as well as general company policies.
- To be aware of possible damage, theft or potential safety hazards, reporting observations immediately to store manager.
- Follows and enforces all company procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Pushcarts, boxes, barrels, hand trucks, z-racks, clothing/display racks, mattress cart, cash register, ten-key or calculator, telephone.
- Ability to maintain self-control and deal effectively with public and work in cooperation with co-workers.
- Ability to tactfully explain decisions or present information clearly, as it pertains to store policies.
- Ability to perform arithmetic, and count money/change quickly and accurately.
- Ability to learn and accurately perform opening/closing procedures, cash register operation and related paperwork quickly and accurately as they pertain to store operations.
- Ability to coordinate hand-eye-foot movements to safely handle and/or move merchandise to minimize damage, eliminating hazards and accidents/injuries.
- Ability to move hands and fingers quickly to count money/change and operate cash register.
- Ability to accept directions, follow procedures and perform both repetitive and varied duties without loss of composure or efficiency.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly in English.
- Work is performed in an enclosed storeroom floor. The area is heated and ventilated. Stores have a receiving area where work is performed on a daily basis.
- Dust and dirt are controlled by daily cleaning and are insignificant. Working/standing surface is uniform. Noise and vibrations are not significant; however radios and televisions may be turned on.
Steady work pace with constant standing and walking. The job involves light physical work demands requiring lifting 20lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10lbs. Large or heavy items are moved by using appropriate material handling equipment and/or with assistance from co-worker. Safety handling procedures must be followed.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Goodwill Industries of Tulsa provides work opportunities, job training and support services for people with disabilities or other employment barriers.
Goodwill Industries of Tulsa