Lessing's operates 80 Contract Food Service locations in Education and in Business & Industry, five Main Street restaurants, three fine-dining restaurants, fourteen catering facilities, a country inn and five Blaze Fast Fire'd Pizza franchises. The company employs more than 1,500 people, and is now ranked in the top 40 food service companies in the U.S.
As a Pastry Cook, you are responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. A Pastry Cook will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
Pastry Cook Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
• Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
• Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for bakery.
• Create new and exciting desserts to renew menus and engage the interest of customers.
• Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
• Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
• Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
• Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
• Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
• Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
• Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
• Positive attitude and good communication skills.
• 4+ years experience in baking.
• Culinary degree preferred.
Browse similar jobs (9)
Part-time, Full-timePort Jefferson Station, New York 11776
Part-time, Full-timeLake Ronkonkoma, New York 11767
Part-time, Full-timeHauppauge, New York 11788