Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensures compliance of established payroll policies and procedures and incorporate procedural changes when necessary
• Establishes record keeping and control systems to comply with external legal and regulatory requirements to provide internal safeguards
• Responsible for the integrity and processing of payroll cycles for hourly and salaried employees
• Coordinates system’s needs with the Information Technology staff for updates and new system implementation
• Balance employee payroll registers to ensure taxable wages calculate properly and are accurately reflected on payroll reports
• Coordinate month-end accrual process and year-end W-2 distribution to ensure all units are functioning consistently within the organization
• Create general format for 401k annual reporting
• Generates monthly accounting payroll accrual and forecast of payroll cash flow
• Key contact/support for senior leadership regarding the implementation of new payroll projects
• Responsible for the training, communication and coordination of systems changes relating to new codes and policies
• Prepare and approve reporting for third party vendors including ADP, banking institutions and state agencies
• Responsible for proper filing of federal, state and local payroll reports. Investigate inquires from outside agencies as needed
• Provide wage detail to Workers’ Compensation program on a regular basis
• Drives and supports proper time-keeping systems for hourly employees
• Provides input and influence to workflow of payroll staff to accomplish assigned major projects and assigned tasks
• Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
• Leads Payroll Department including directing, controlling and development of payroll staff
Restaurant Support Center Management Core Competencies
• Effectively applies job knowledge and expertise to achieve business results
• Makes sound and timely decisions based on experience and judgment
• Delivers results for which he/she is accountable
• Makes sound decisions that contribute to the attainment of individual, department or company goals.
• Maintains a commitment to goals in the face of obstacles.
• Role models the company values; “walks the talk”
• Maintains high standards of personal ethics; is consistently honest and truthful in all situations
• Communicates vision and ideas with enthusiasm; is motivating and inspirational
• Promotes collaborative, team-oriented behaviors and forms partnerships
• Builds effective relationships with all people; up, down and sideways inside and outside of RU
• Establishes p
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and /or equivalent experience in a similar role
• 5 - 8 years experience managing a multi-state payroll department
• Considerable knowledge of payroll administration, including federal and state regulations
• High level of proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including payroll database and MS Office skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
• Highly competent as a coach, teacher, trainer. Able to provide guidance and direction to others to ensure the work is properly executed.
• Superior analytical and quantitative skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
nstrated supervisory and other interpersonal skills
• Ability to organize and assign work among staff according to their individual capabilities and to establish priorities in workload
• Ability to prioritize, time manage and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under time pressure
• Maintain high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
• Proactive and self-directed
• Dependability, flexibility and professional demeanor
• Regular and predictable attendance