How would you like a unique career opportunity that can provide challenging work, a dynamic indoor/outdoor environment, career advancement, and a team of highly motivated people to help you succeed? You can have all of that when you work at CarMax!
Under limited supervision of a location manager, the Customer Specialist provides exceptional customer service in a fast paced, team oriented environment through the facilitation of sales, vehicle condition assessment for appraisals, and while working in multiple environments including both indoors and outdoors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Interact with customers, other associates and team members to provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Sell vehicles to meet individual and store sales goals by following and implementing CarMax approved processes.
- Process paperwork associated with retail vehicle sales including, but not limited to: Printing daily reports, maintaining deal jackets, contacting finance companies regarding contracts, obtaining required information regarding registration and/or titling, processing reassignments, and auditing completed paperwork.
- Conduct vehicle condition assessments and conveys results to a Buyer or Senior Buyer for analysis and appraisal of value of an appraisal vehicle.
- Create, review, and close service repair orders for work performed. Route work to Automotive Repair Specialist and ensure accuracy of all labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing.
- Manage multiple payment types including but not limited to: receiving and counting money, distributing funds, preparing deposits with considerations to security and loss prevention.
- Ensure daily maintenance and security of the display areas and work-in-progress zones.
- Assist with indoor and outdoor merchandising as directed.
- Adhere to the Training Timeline.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies and procedures.
- Perform multiple duties in a high energy, fast-paced working environment.
- Meet or exceed CarMax guidelines for customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate active listening skills.
- Use miscellaneous computer programs, demonstrating intermediate PC skills.
- Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 25 lbs.
- Flexible to work in an indoor/outdoor environment, ability to walk or stand for long periods of time, and be able to work in any inclement weather for several hours.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Adhere to all CarMax, state, and federal policies, laws, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to: O.S.H.A and EPA, Personal Protective Equipment, Proper Waste Disposal in Required areas, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance, Code of Business Conduct, and Time and Attendance.