Automotive Repair Specialists at CarMax don't have to worry about crammed work spaces, hot shops and other annoyances that don't let them enjoy their work! Quite the contrary at CarMax! You can enjoy great perks like.......a consistent workload, a clean modern facility, free training, high volume, a large variety of vehicles.....and much more! If you are team oriented, have the qualifications listed below and enjoy a high-volume, fast paced work environment, this position may be for you!
Under general supervision, Auto Repair Specialist responsibilities include diagnosing and repairing domestic and foreign vehicles, ordering and maintaining parts and supply inventories, performing minor cosmetic repairs, and performing customer contact functions during the repair process. Previous automotive repair experience is required; and applicants must be team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform mechanical and cosmetic repairs, including but not limited to the diagnosis of all internal and external vehicle systems.
- Responsibilities may include the inspection of tires, brakes, batteries, and fluids, oil changes, replacement of air filters, mounting and balancing tires, and identification of frame, rust and flood damage
- Perform minor cosmetic repairs on internal and CarMax vehicles
- Provide and maintain exceptional customer service through customer contact before, during, and after repairs as defined by CarMax processes.
- Locate, use and control replacement parts and supply inventories
- Follow CarMax standardized work rules
- Inspect vehicles per CarMax Quality Standards when needed.
- Complete state inspections when required.
- Review repair orders for work performed and accuracy of all labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing including opening and closing of repair orders
- Collect service payments and manage payments received for services.
- Use of proprietary and universal software systems including CarMax Electronic Repair Order and Mitchell.
- Provide functional expertise to other associates.
- Provide general support to other associates and managers in the store, including, but not limited to vehicle condition assessment, vehicle prepping, and vehicle receiving and transferring.
Job Specifications and Requirements:
- Maintain a current Refrigerant Recycling License.
- Maintain current ASE Certifications in Steering and Suspension (A4) and Brakes (A5).
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs.
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates in person and over the phone.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Combination of office, shop and outdoor environment. May include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- May require walking or standing for an extended period of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Professional Appearance policies.
Browse similar jobs (3)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19154
Lawrence Township, New Jersey 08648