CORE SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Innate understanding of how all operational decisions may impact the ability to put the guest experience first.
• Anticipates guest’s needs.
• A discerning eye for detail.
• Sixth sense attuned to non-verbal language and cues.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• Grace under pressure; is able to quickly and diplomatically diffuse tense situations with guests and Team Members.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Accurate arithmetic skills and an overall strong math aptitude.
• Professional and courteous.
• Positive Team and motivational skills
• Aptitude for accurate mathematical calculations as it relates to inventory, food preparation and related supplies.
• Excellent personal hygiene.
• Fluent in English.
• Team oriented outlook.
• Maintaining food quality.
• Maintaining a positive relationship with vendors and maintenance personnel.
• Leads and motivates Kitchen staff.
• Check daily completion of checklists.
• Interviews and hires new Team Members and oversees training [checklists, protocols and procedures].
• Maintains an up to date schedule, ensuring that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts within parameters of Labor Budgets.
• Disciplines and when necessary terminates employees
• Monitors Kitchen and Store upkeep and communicates maintenance needs clearly and timely to the Store Manager.
• Daily time-card Maintenance and ensuring time-cards accurate before payroll [once every two weeks].
• Maintaining the Emergency Numbers list.
• Keeps all Team Member info [phone, email, etc] current.
• Ensures all health and safety restaurant policies and procedures are followed
• Manages food inventory; orders supplies as needed.
• Performs sales operational functions using point-of-service (POS) restaurant software application.
• Meets guest’s needs and dietary restrictions.
• Estimates food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedules the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
• Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen areas. Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
• Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service uniforms, and appearance standards.
• Works with Corporate Office staff regarding the efficient ongoing and purchasing of food-related supplies.
• Works with Corporate Office staff to provide information relating to vendor invoicing and sales data.
• Coordinates and organizes food and related supply needs for private events.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned.
PM - Franklin Restaurant, Inc.