Full Time Home Improvement Specialist
Excellence. Everyday. Everyone.
At E.C. Barton & Company, you’re more just an employee, you’re our partner. With a history that dates back to 1885, employment with us is about stability. Today is possibly the most exciting time to be a part of our small team. We offer excellent opportunities for advancement and participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Join us today!
We are looking for Customer Service Representatives to provide first class customer service in our Grossman’s Bargain Outlet stores. As a Customer Service Representative, you will greet customers and answer questions concerning Grossman’s Bargain Outlet merchandise.
Why You'll Love Working with Grossman’s Bargain Outlet
- Competitive compensation - $12.32-$14.32 per hour
- Future growth opportunities
- 100% Employee-Owned Company
- Temp to hire position -- after working 960 hours, eligible for full benefits including commission structure, Stock Share, as well as health insurance (including dental and vision) and life insurance
As a Customer Service Representative, you will…
- Act as the face of Grossman’s Bargain Outlet
- Use Point of Sale system to total price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill
- Assist customer in loading purchased materials into customer's vehicle
- Stock merchandise on shelves as well as straighten materials on display
- Count materials and record total on inventory sheets
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 1 to 3 months of customer service related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of building materials
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
Physical Demands of a Customer Service Representative
- Frequently required to stand
- Walk and reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
- Safely operate a forklift and other equipment
About the Company
E.C. Barton & Company has more than 100 stores in 16 states. Divisions of the company are Barton’s, Surplus Warehouse, Grossman’s Bargain Outlet, Builders Material Company, E.C.B. Brokerage and Surplus Purchasing. E.C. Barton & Company has a presence in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, Mississippi, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old