Job Title: Manager – Marketing Events and Brand Activation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Type: Hourly
Location: Fairfax, VA and Midtown, NYC
At Chick-fil-A 50 East 42nd Street, we have one goal: re-imagine every part of the restaurant experience to create value for our guests and the community by providing remarkable service. It takes extraordinary leaders who are prepared to push boundaries, break away from old paradigms, and chart a course into unprecedented territory with excellence and strong stewardship of our resources. We’re seeking brave, ambitious, and passionate people who will explore every part of their work and themselves to reach their fullest potential and discover new ways to positively and meaningfully impact both our business and the community.
The Event Planner position at Chick-fil-A Midtown, NYC is part of a team of managers who support the Directors and Owner/Operator on the strategic direction of the business in pursuit of excellence and help the vision come to life in a sustainable way. The Event Planner is expected to function more like a leader in a small business with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who will create opportunities. The Event Planner role is critical in ensuring that Chick-fil-A Midtown, NYC is successful in the following areas:
- Community Affairs and engagement
- Event and Strategic Planning
- Brand representation and activation
- Sales and Brand growth in an emerging market
This talented individual must be a savvy public communicator; entrepreneurial, independent, and well organized with high performance and strong follow through. The Event Planner is someone that is energized by people of all ages and backgrounds and thrives in a quick-paced environment.
- Maintain superior alignment of vision and marketing with Directors, Operator and leadership team.
- Commit yourself to personal growth and development as an Event Planner.
- Work closely with the Directors and Operator to develop an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for yourself and for other members in marketing who report to you.
- Identify and share short-term and long-term goals at all levels in the organization
- Work with directors to monitor risk management as it relates to Marketing and ensure compliance.
- Rigorously adhere to food safety practices, systems, and procedures.
- When necessary, respond to and resolve customer complaints in a manner consistent with company policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind.
- Work closely with operator, operations, and other directors to introduce the Chick-fil-A brand to NYC, drive brand awareness, and grow sales.
- Establish and strengthen relationships with the community, visitors, businesses, media, and government.
- Seek and develop strategic marketing activations that enhance brand awareness, drive consumer action, promote products, and build sales.
- Identify and create opportunities for community engagement (such as fundraisers and public speaking).
- Creation and execution of strategic event/brand activation plans.
- Leverage analytics to make informed decisions.
- Track and analyze events and other activations (promotions and D&G) and build on success. Use various and creative marketing tools to create maximum impact and ROI.
- Cultivator of meaningful branding that leverages our Raving Fans Strategy
- Identify, create, and use our known marketing and operational strengths and opportunities.
- Generate opportunities to leverage our unique assets in NYC.
- Review results and communicate the significance of the scores down into the organization and ensure existing systems are in place to maximize sales and brand growth.
- Develop and lead continuous improvement plans for sales and brand growth.
- Ensure all marketing-related resources (costumes, tents, coupons, food, POP etc) are clean and in proper working order.
- Judgment/Decision making
- Strategic Skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Leadership capacity
- Talent development/coaching
- Leading edge
- Track record
- Emotional Intelligence
- Growth Mindset
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related discipline.
- Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Years of experience: 2
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- This person must have or be willing to gain an understanding of operations in a Chick-fil-A restaurant.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old