Summary of Responsibilities
Provide great food to guests so that every guest is satisfied and wants to return.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently prepare, cook, plate and finish all food items according to Black Bear Diner procedures and standards.
- Comply with all food safety requirements such as checking and maintaining temperature, dating and labeling products, rotating products so that oldest is used first.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, burners, ovens and refrigeration equipment.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Complete sidework for station and shift.
- Close the kitchen correctly. Follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assist others in closing stations and the kitchen.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
- Able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
- Able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Able to working in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 60 pounds up to 30 times per shift.
- Able to communicate positively and effectively with all other employees.
- Basic ability to read English to understand kitchen tickets.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
Browse similar jobs (697)
Part-time5025 Juniperro Serra blvd
Colma, California 94014
Full-time, Part-timeWork from Home
DALY CITY, California 94014
Part-timeDALY CITY, CA 94013
Daly City, California 94014