Job Summary: This position is responsible for the setup, overall operation and teardown of the District, which includes achieving the sales plan, managing expenses and controlling shrink. Additional duties consist of: maintaining the Company standards in store appearance, Guest focus, compliance with policies and procedures and recruitment of staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Follow the Company guidelines to achieve the District sales plan.
- Give clear direction to the Store Managers and their teams on how to achieve the sales goals.
- Control expenses and meet Company shrink goals.
- Recruit, interview and hire Store Managers and Assistant Managers.
- Secure necessary permits and licenses when required.
- Supervise the construction and build-out of 3 to 5 stores.
- Merchandise and set the stores according to the Company merchandising guidelines.
- Train and supervise Store Managers and Assistant Managers to ensure adherence to Guest service standards through a greeting, smile and/or eye contact.
- Partner with Human Resources on all personnel issues.
- Work with the Store team on the proper techniques of merchandising, stocking, reducing damages, defectives, and price changes.
- Train Store Managers and Assistant Managers on the POS system.
- Hold management staff accountable for daily policy compliance regarding cash handling and bank deposit procedures.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have at minimum a High School Degree and be at least 21 years of age.
- Computer Skills
- Ability to thoroughly navigate a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Ability to operate a Point-Of-Sale register system.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write both simple and complex correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one, in team meetings and small group situations.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate and percent.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and problem resolution in order to improve the overall business and
- Guest experience.
- Ability to deal with people effectively.
- Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be positive, courteous, energetic, and enthusiastic in all aspects of our Guest and Associate interaction.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which are deemed necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to: stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by Associates in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Associates in this job.