Winter Park needs a ROADS AND PARKING OPERATOR
The Grounds Operator operates a variety of light to medium equipment and vehicles and performs manual labor as necessary for the purpose of snow removal, maintenance, repairs, and construction improvements to resort parking lots, roads, grounds, and facilities. Performs all grounds, landscaping and parking lot duties required of a Grounds Skilled Laborer. Maintains grounds and parking areas in a clean, attractive, and reasonably safe manner. Prepares grounds for summer and winter resort operations. Trains in the operation of front end loaders, shuttle bus and 12 yard dump trucks as skill level warrants. Follows policies set forth in the Employee Handbook. Complies with all regulations set forth by the Colorado Department of Transportation and Motor Vehicle Bureau.
- Performs snow removal functions including plowing, sanding, push back, and hauling with required equipment. Check areas designated on sanding log for icy conditions and spread sand and/or ice melt as necessary. Complete log consistently.
- Maintains and repairs roads, walkways, plaza surfaces including gravel, concrete, and asphalt repairs; shoulder grading; rail maintenance; surface treatment; crack sealing; lane striping; curb and gutter maintenance; and sweeping and hosing.
- Performs drainage maintenance including all channel, surface and storm drain systems. Maintains and installs bridges and culverts.
- Installs and maintains parking lot delineation and regulatory and directional signage.
- Performs landscape construction duties including grading, tree transplanting, installation and maintenance of irrigation systems, sodding, seeding, and mulching, concrete and power installation and repair, cribbing. (summer only).
- Performs all parking lot, pay parking operation, shuttle (if licensed), grounds maintenance, and snow removal duties as required in the Grounds Skilled Laborer position.
- Hauls materials as needed.
- Inspects vehicles and equipment daily. Performs routine maintenance and repairs on equipment. Reports other maintenance needs to Vehicle Maintenance.
- Observes procedures, utilizes appropriate safety devices, and participates in equipment training sessions.
- Completes all logs, haul sheets, vehicle inspection sheets as required. Computes time daily.
- Performs special event set up and production duties. Performs annual holiday, summer and winter set up duties.
- Monitors grounds, facilities, and equipment. Corrects and/or reports problems as necessary.
- Responds to guest and employee concerns and/or needs in a timely, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Responds to emergency situations including fire, building evacuation, vehicle and pedestrian accidents, flooding, lift failure, and accident evacuation. Assists Security, municipal police and fire departments, and other protective service agencies as necessary.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date logs of all contract work performed.
- Assists other work groups as necessary and performs other duties as directed
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- High school diploma or GED desirable.
- 1 or more years of grounds, landscape and/or snow removal work or equivalent outdoor maintenance.
- One or more years’ experience operating dump trucks, mini loaders, plows, and specialty equipment. Snow removal experience desirable.
- Experience working with public desirable, with demonstrated ability to remain calm and congenial under stressful conditions.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Valid Colorado driver's license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record. Must be willing to train for and attain a CDL Class B license as requested and operate a passenger bus for public transportation.
- Must be able to work four 10 hour days/week including weekends and holidays. Must be available for additional hours as needed.
- Must be on-call for snow removal and available to start work at 2:00 a.m. up to six days per week during ski season.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and productively with attention to safety at all times.
- Familiarity with Winter Park Resort and surrounding services desirable.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 75 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old