This position is responsible for the creative workflow process for cashiering, handling product returns, performing basic cash office functions, and providing every customer with an exceptional shopping experience.
- Act and work in a manner that is consistent with company's core values.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and compliance with the company's safe lifting practices standard operating procedures.
- Properly review all product customer is buying to ensure correct product. Expect to lift these boxes.
- Greet every customer in a helpful and courteous manner.
- Process customers at checkout using the point of sale (POS) system.
- Process customer refunds and exchanges according to established guidelines.
- Open and close registers.
- Follow established cash, check and charge card acceptance procedures.
- Answer the telephone according to accepted guidelines.
- Stock and tag merchandise displays as required.
- Create price tags and merchandise signs.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform
- effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with customers, authorities, executives, clients, and staff,
- occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Frequent, standing, squatting, and bending.
- Handling and being exposed to cash, credit cards and checks.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting, pushing,
- pulling and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- This position is hourly, knowing it may include hours which exceed eight hours in a day or forty hours in a week
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- At least one (1) year of cashier or customer service experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education