Are you looking to develop your customer service skills with the potential to make great money?
Servers | Join Our Twisted Rooster Team
Our company: Inspired by Opportunity, Success through Service. In addition to owning over 180 Wendy's Restaurants in eight states, Meritage Hospitality Group also owns and operates four Michigan-based Casual Dining concepts including Twisted Rooster, Crooked Goose, Freighters Eatery & Taproom and our newest concept, Wheelhouse Kitchen & Cocktails.
Our Twisted Rooster teams take pride in working for a company dedicated to the “Commit to the Mitt” philosophy by using local suppliers whenever possible. Working closely with our Executive Chef, our culinary teams combine the freshest local ingredients and bold flavors to serve guests a tasty ‘made from scratch’ twist on classic American fare while our service teams strive to provide "Uncommon Hospitality“, by treating our guests, teammates and communities like friends and family.We currently have openings for experienced Servers to help us provide an atmosphere of uncommon hospitality within the restaurant while delivering accurate and timely service. Our Servers represent the "face" of our restaurant and are integral to the success of our company.
This is a great opportunity for hospitality professionals to work with an established brand and local favorite, please read on for more details and how to apply!
Job Title: Server
Reports to: Dining Room Manager
Location: Grand Rapids, Belleville and Chesterfield, Michigan
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience and any mixology courses desirable
Experience: Customer service or Host experience. 1-2 years as a Server in a high volume casual dining restaurant preferred
Growth Potential: Starting as a Server is a great entry-level position to work toward a Dining Room Supervisor
Compensation: Hourly pay plus ability to make unlimited tips, flexible shifts, meal discounts and fast-paced team environment!
- Greeting guests at their tables with a professional and friendly demeanor and ensuring every individual is made to feel like a valued guest.
- Asking guests, within the first two minutes of seating, for their drink and appetizer orders.
- Engaging with guests to make menu item suggestions, upselling additional items, and taking their orders within 5 minutes of bringing them their drinks and appetizers.
- Entering orders into the POS quickly and accurately so the kitchen can begin preparing the meals in the manner the guest requested to avoid food waste.
- Delivering food to guests as soon as their entire order is available and checking the order is to their satisfaction.
- Regularly checking in with guests throughout their meal to ensure they are enjoying their experience and addressing any additional orders/needs.
- Educating and upselling guests on menu and dessert options and making suggestions on what to order.
- Working with Managers to resolve any guest issues when necessary.
- Upselling gift certificates and offering to-go items to guests.
- Providing guests with their bill and offer to-go boxes as needed.
- Processing payments in a prompt and timely manner, and ensuring payment is made in full.
This role will require some physical demand including standing, walking, bending, and lifting/carrying up to 10-25lbs. Working in the front of house interacting with customers and primarily making trips to the back of house for order pickup and assistance with stocking.
HOW TO APPLY: Click on the APPLY NOW button and be sure to include your experience or upload resume. Please also introduce yourself in the cover letter box by telling us why you want this role with us.
We look forward to your application!