Bartenders | Join Our Wheelhouse Team
Turn your passion into a career at Wheelhouse!
Our company: Inspired by Opportunity, Success through Service. In addition to owning over 180 Wendy's Restaurants in eight states, Meritage Hospitality Group also owns and operates four Michigan-based Casual Dining concepts including Twisted Rooster, Crooked Goose, Freighters Eatery & Taproom and our newest concept, Wheelhouse Kitchen & Cocktails.
Wheelhouse Kitchen & Cocktails features a contemporary twist on classic American bistro fare with seasonal recipes inspired by our Chef’s ongoing partnership with local suppliers. The distinctive menu is complemented by a list of artisan cocktails, select wines, and Michigan craft brews. Situated in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, the restaurant is as lively as its setting in the Arena Place district. The multi-faceted concept is your neighborhood “go-to” for leisure or business. The large bar and porch hosts over 85 seats, making it the perfect place to unwind after work or enjoy a pre-concert cocktail. Additionally, the versatility of the dining room provides a relaxing space for an intimate dinner, featuring a menu that appeals to the foodie in all of us.
Wheelhouse is a new culinary hotspot in town with an exciting opportunity for a friendly and experienced Bartender to join our team!
Job Title: Bartender
Reports to: Bar Manager/Front of House Manager
Location: Downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent experience and any mixology courses desirable
Experience: Server or Host experience. Previous bartender or supervisory experience in a high volume restaurant preferred
Skills: Must have a professional business appearance and demeanor, strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, and demonstrated ability to work well with customers and coworkers
Compensation: Hourly pay plus the ability to make unlimited tips, flexible shifts, meal discounts, work with great teammates in downtown Grand Rapids!
- Greeting guests at the bar with a positive friendly attitude and ensuring every individual is made to feel like a valued guest.
- Prepare all drink orders for guests within the restaurant, by taking orders within the bar area and receiving orders submitted by servers.
- Properly enter specifications about each drink, so that the guest bill accurately reflects the products being used.
- Prepare each drink to the precise specification that the recipe calls for to ensure guest satisfaction, consistency, and accurate alcohol cost control.
- Maintain all necessary items in the bar area including glassware, appetizer dishes, silverware, drink garnishments, ice, coasters, printer paper, checkbooks, pens, and any other necessary items to operate primarily independently.
- Maintain stock of beer on tap, wines, liquor, and bottled drinks, this includes the current stock inventory in the bar area and coolers.
- Accurately communicating to the Bar or Dining Room Manager when items need to be reordered.
- Responsible for strictly following all federal and state mandated liquor laws, by monitoring a number of alcoholic beverages each guest orders and that they aren’t overserved.
- Clean, organize, and prepare the bar area to ensure efficiency and accurately represent the restaurant.
- Prepare drink garnishments by washing, cutting, and arranging fresh food and storing it in a temperature controlled environment.
- Prepare drink mixes to be easily used during busy times of the restaurant.
- Continually organize and sanitize the bar area, and coolers so that all health codes are being strictly upheld.
This role will require some physical demand including long periods of standing, walking, bending, and lifting/carrying over 25lbs. Working in the front of house interacting with customers and making trips to the back of the house to restock the bar area.
HOW TO APPLY: Click on the APPLY NOW button and be sure to attach your experience or resume. Please introduce yourself in the cover letter box by telling us why you want this role with us.
Meritage Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer