Service Technician II
• Achieve assigned metric standards for performance and profitability.
• Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established Ag Management Solutions (AMS) products.
• Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
• Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
• Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
• Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
• Completes all reports, logs and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
• Accounts for all time on designated time systems and ensure that time is attached to RO when possible.
• Account for all material used in performing assigned duties.
• Responsible to achieve job specific metrics and sales volume.
• Valid driver license is required and ensure that driving records remains insurable under the corporate auto policy.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
o 4+ years of full-time experience performing service repairs on large tractors, self-propelled harvesters, and balers.
o 3+ years of experience performing service repairs in power equipment, diesel, ag and lawn & garden.
o 2+ years' experience with hydraulic, electrical and high-tech mechanical systems.
o High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree or Tech school preferred.
o Intermediate or Master Service Technician certification preferred.
o Valid driver's license required and maintain a company insurable driving record: Must have a clean driving record.
o Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
o Basic Service Technician or John Deere Master certification preferred.
o Ability to use company computer systems and achieve a basic to intermediate computer functions.
o Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
o Proficient oral and written communication skills.
o Customer Focused communication style.
o Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
o Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
o Ability to provide your own set of hand tools, specialty tools will be provided by the company.
o Fork lift experience preferred, or must be able and willing to learn.
o Must meet all physical demands of position and work environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Physical Effort: Service Technicians make repairs which often require them to work in tiring, awkward, and uncomfortable positions. They frequently stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, crawl under vehicles, and make repairs in other tight spaces. They frequently lift, handle, and carry parts. Occasionally, they move moderately heavy items with assistance or with mechanical devices.
Ability to lift up-to 40 pounds unassisted and 75 pounds assisted.
Working Conditions: Retail store environment, service and repair shop, and stock room. Exposed to various work surfaces both inside and outside. The work is usually performed inside on concrete surfaces where there is exposure to drafts, noise, and fumes from vehicles. Service Technicians occasionally perform work outside under adverse weather conditions. They are continually exposed to dirt, dust, and grease, and to the potential for burns, chemical irritations, shocks, bruises, cuts, and strains. To reduce dangers and irritations from these conditions, they follow prescribed safety practices and use safety equipment such as safety shoes and glasses, and respirators.
Up to 10% driving or air travel.
Washington Tractor requires pre-employment screening and adheres to a drug free workplace policy. Screening will include testing for Federally illegal substances regardless of State legality.
Browse similar jobs (50)
Olympia, Washington 98501
Olympia, Washington 98512