Line CookWe have a full-time/part-time opening for a Hiring BWW Cooks!.
It’s not called Heart of House for nothing. The kitchen is where much of the magic happens. Through preparation and production, your talents bring to life the vision of our founders – incredible wings and a large selection of other great eats that make Guests hunger for another visit. Slicing, dicing, cooking, grilling and saucing gives you all kinds of opportunities to utilize your skills. As we reach out to more and more fans with changing and varied tastes, the HOH Team is instrumental in making exciting menu items craveable and contribute to what we believe is the highest calling of all – delivering the ULTIMATE food experience for sports fans! How’s that for cutting edge?
JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for the preparation and production of all Buffalo Wild Wings menu items. Several roles within this position include the Chip, Shake, Grill Southwest and Expo Stations.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITES:
- Prep and Portion
- Get prep list from Manager on Duty (MOD) and prep items according to the need of the shift
- Ensure you are using proper containers, filling to appropriate fill lines, and following the FDIR and FIFO procedures
- Clean, sanitize, and put away prep items when finished
- Portion appropriate items according to MOD’s requirements
- Track all waste on Waste Sheet per Company Standard Procedures
- Chip Station
- Responsible for all preparation of fried chips, wedges and onion rings prepared in the kitchen of the restaurant. Ensure all chip coolers are clean and free of extra debris
- The Chip position portions and prepares food items prior to cooking in accordance with the Chip Packaging Chart.
- Other duties include, maintaining the fryers and quality of the shortening/oil as outlined in the Fryer Rotation Chart and Shortening Management Reference Guide.
- The chip position is also responsible for maintaining a sanitary and clean kitchen workstation.
- Grill Station Responsible for all preparation of grilled items prepared in the kitchen of the restaurant.
- The Grill person portions and prepares food items prior to cooking in accordance with the prep sheets and Grill Station Chart.
- The Grill Station is also responsible for maintaining a sanitary and clean kitchen work station.
- Shake Station
- Ensure all sauce pumps are cleaned, filled and in working order
- Ensure all sauce and seasoning buckets have been washed and dried
- Prime the sauce buckets – priming rules do not apply to seasoning buckets
- Ensure hot wing holding drawers are turned on, are at 180°F with the vents open
- Weigh wings to determine cooking time for shift
- Southwest Station
- Responsible for all preparation of wraps, salads, flatbread, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining cold rail and making sure food is properly stocked
- Responsible for maintaining and sanitary and clean work station
- Expo Station
- The Expo position functions as the communication link between and among the kitchen line and the front of the house to ensure the coordination and smooth flow of quality products being produced and server to customer
- This position also controls food presentation, quality assurance and timeliness of food delivery.
- Shift Change Responsibilities
- Clean and stock each station following FIFO guidelines
- Ensure all soap and sanitizer buckets are changed minimally every four hours
- Empty any trash containers that need to be emptied
- Wash all necessary dishes
- Wash all sauce and seasoning buckets
- Notify MOD of any equipment that is not working properly or not being held to proper temperatures
- Ensure LDIR and FIFO methods are being followed at all times
- Help other stations as needed
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
- Knowledge of proper sanitation, food safety and security procedures
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Skill in time management and organization with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and execute team and company objectives
- Knowledge of specs, cook times, plate presentation, etc.
Preferred: Prior experience working in restaurant or retail environment
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and move intermittently during working hours. If asked to perform task outside of physical capabilities, be sure to notify your manager. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.