- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old
Reports to: Restaurant Manager/General Manager/Bar Manager
Summary of Position:
We are currently seeking an experienced and professional bartender. As a bartender, you must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication and multi-tasking skills. The bartender position is a highly sought after position and requires a level of maturity and leadership, and we require that our bartenders are amongst our BEST servers. Menu knowledge, liquor knowledge, beer and wine knowledge and drink pouring skills are considered to be essential tools of the job. Additionally, understanding market trends, and drink consistency are key elements to ensuring a positive experience. Bartenders are required to engage our customers while being organized, fast and efficient as possible. They must be guest sensitive and possess a keen sense of timing. Bartenders must take pride in personal appearance and show dedication to your job. We require that our bartenders get to know regular and new customers alike in order to build a strong following of return customers. They must also acknowledge and embrace that they are some of our best advertisers and ambassadors. All of these elements are required to ensure 100% guest delight. Slyce boasts a fun, clean and team-oriented environment to thrive in, so send us your resume if this position sounds like a good fit for you.
Duties & Expectations:
- Serving food and beverages to Slyce’s guests while always adhering to Slyce's standards of customer service and cleanliness, and all other restaurant policies
- Able to input drink and food orders accurately and efficiently into our POS system (MICROS specifically)
- Stocking coolers, wine racks, liquor rails, and changing kegs properly
- Receiving and stocking deliveries when appropriate and rotating stock properly
- Performing daily side work as instructed
- Labeling and dating all appropriate stock
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work space
- Greet every guest within 30 seconds of walking up to your bar
- Greet all bar tables within 1 minute of arrival when assigned a bar section
- Acknowledge and complete service bar tickets in a timely fashion
- Able to explain loyalty program, sign up new customers, and assign points to existing members appropriately
- Cleaning and sanitizing glass and stemware
- Follow all of Slyce’s drink recipes and pouring guidelines to ensure consistency.
- Rigidly adhering to ringing in all items to the proper cost center to ensure a BEVINCO rating of 97% or higher
- Have a superior knowledge of all of Slyce’s drink menus and food menus to make recommendations and ensure customer satisfaction while also practicing suggestive selling techniques to increase check averages
- Must be an EXPERT at inspecting IDs
- Practicing honesty and trustworthiness in handling cash and all types of payment and calculating appropriate tip-outs of support staff
- Responsible for keeping a cash drawer with no more than a $5.00 variance over/short
- Follow proper opening and closing protocols including preparing all condiments to garnish drink orders
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the bar or restaurant managers
- Assists with answering the telephone and taking messages to give to the proper personnel when time allows
- Must be BASSET and food handlers certified and must practice safe alcohol service by accurately tracking number of drinks consumed over specific time periods and protecting Slyce’s and your job by NEVER over serving
- Alerting management of any problems with drafts, inventory, or customer issues
- Check schedulefly at least once a day to keep yourself informed with the most current information pertaining to your job and the restaurant as a whole
- The BIG THREE! Show up every shift ON TIME, with a PERFECT UNIFORM, and with a GREAT ATTITUDE! If you can master these three things, there’s very little else that can go wrong!
- Must be 21years of age and have obtain Basset training and food handlers certification
- Must guarantee a fun and friendly, positive and professional work attitude at all times
- 2 years of prior front-of-house restaurant experience is highly recommended
- Must work well in a team setting
- Must show accurate, fast, efficient and consistent drink making skills.
- Must show proficient use of POS systems (specifically MICROS)
- Must exhibit money handling and problem solving skills which include resolving cash over/short issues, equipment malfunctions such as dishwasher, beer and soda dispensing systems, Bevinco shortages.
- Must maintain composure in high volume, high energy settings.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.