Assistant Store Manager
Performs specific tasks as assigned by Store Manager.
Works with Store Manager to maintain store standards.
Responsible for managing all shifts under his/her control within company guidelines to achieve sales and profits.
Stays familiar with company manuals, bulletins, and other communications.
Investigates sales, cash, or operating discrepancies and communicates results to Store Manager.
Advises Stores Manager of any policy violations, or personnel situations having an adverse effect on store operating performance.
Recruits and interviews prospective employees.
Ensures complete and accurate shift-change reports at the end of their shift.
Properly records all hours worked and signs verifying all hours worked.
Assures proper sale and accounting of all merchandise purchased during shift.
Prepares daily store paperwork and bank deposit when requested by Store Manager.
* Smile and greet all customers.
* Stand and/or walk up to eight (8) or ten (10) hours per day depending on shift assignment.
* Read, understand, and write the English language at the eighth grade level.
* Perform the four basic arithmetic operations in order to make change, complete end of shift reports and account for a variety of inventory products during vendor check-in.
* Have sufficient vision to check identification and process transactions.
* Read and understand instructions for operating cash registers, fuel pump controls, money order machines and other equipment.
* Lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of milk, soda, beer and juice containers, etc. in a safe manner at least once per shift.
* Squat, bend at waist, twist, grasp, reach and manipulate objects to stock shelves.
* Lift from ground to over head in order to stock shelves and coolers.
* React to a fire by lifting and transporting a fire extinguisher to the fire area.
* Bend and remove metal plates and underground tank caps in order to check fuel levels.
* Read measurements to one eighth (1/8th) of an inch to determine fuel levels.
* Climb a ladder to clean windows and retrieve materials.
* Sweep and mop floors, dust shelving and lift and carry trash bags to outside bins.
* Sweep parking lot and clean outside grounds surrounding the convenience store.
* Enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 34 degrees up to 30 minutes at a time.
* Utilize a hand truck, flat cart, mop, broom, degreaser, and various cleaning solvents.