Food Service Manager
Are you ready to make a HUGE difference in a company that is driven to offer our customers a variety of fresh and convenient food options? Kum & Go is looking for Food Service Managers who will ensure the highest level of food safety, while meeting and exceeding our valued customer’s expectations. As a Kum & Go Food Service Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the General Manager with attracting, retaining, and developing food service talent to achieve the highest levels of food safety and customer service to our valued Kum & Go customers. The Food Service Manager is responsible for the training, education, and execution of the organization’s goals and expectations for Food Service (hot/cold dispensed beverages, coffee, and prepared food). The Food Service Manager will partner with the store team to achieve our vision of becoming the #1 Convenience Retailer by 2021.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Handle day-to-day food service operations and ensure food safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Motivate and engage the food team to execute store goals.
- Drive sales by executing company marketing initiatives and promotions.
- Assist in managing controllable cost.
- Demonstrate an ability to support a positive work environment.
- Promote the Kum & Go vision and values internally and externally.
- Exhibits professionalism in appearance, conduct and judgment.
High School diploma or GED required. Two years of restaurant/food service management experience preferred. Food Production and P&L experience required. ServSafe certification a plus.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to understand and utilize financial and operational data
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to adapt to change
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining high detail orientation
- Broad availability to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Professional and approachable appearance
- Ability to demonstrate core values; Teamwork, Excellence, Integrity, Caring, Passion
- Communication: Delivers clear, effective communication and listens to others
- Conceptual Thinking: Recognizes patterns, trends, themes, and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Constructive Engagement: Expresses ideas and disagreements, constructively resolves conflict, and encourages others to do the same
- Customer Orientation: Meets the expectations and needs of internal and external customers
- Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner
- Empowerment: Takes initiative and solves problems
- Talent Development: Maximizes potential and improves overall performance
- Influence: Proactively builds relationships and influence others
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving: Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions
- Strategic Thinking: Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it