Whelan Security is a performance-based company that cares deeply about maintaining our conservative business culture. The Project Manager is an operational leader of the company responsible for the personnel a larger strategic account, typically reporting into a GM or MSS. The Project Manager is responsible for the management, employee development and engagement of all personnel in the assigned client site, as well as operational support for the account to include scheduling, payroll, compliance, post order development and performance metrics tracking, and employee recruiting, discipline, recognition, training and inspections. The Project Manager role is 100% tactical and operational. The Project Manager is expected to build upon a culture of employee engagement and set the example for all employees in the assigned account of servant leadership and personal commitment to the Whelan Values.
Performance Metrics: The Project Manager is expected to achieve the following metrics within Whelans performance-based business environment:
- Manage to 2.5% unbilled overtime or less on assigned account
- Year over year improvement in Employee Engagement Scores in the account
- Retention of the account
- Period over period improvement (usually quarterly) of performance metrics specific to the account
- Personnel inspections and training of 100% of assigned personnel each month
- Personnel recruiting to ensure full staffing levels on assigned accounts
- Personally recruit a minimum of one new supervisor for your account annually
- Develop a minimum of one supervisor for promotion annually
- Become proficient in all company software systems (on-boarding, scheduling, financial, CRM)
- 100% compliance to the Whelan Mandatory Requirements
- Lead by example of living up to the Whelan Values
The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years of relevant experience. Candidates must demonstrate a stable work history and pass an extensive background screening which includes, but is not limited to, criminal background checks (local, state, and federal), drug test, aptitude tests, skills assessments, interviews, past employment verification, and a personality profile (behavioral assessment).
Candidates must meet the following educational requirements:
- A college degree (Associates/Bachelors or greater) is preferred although equivalent experience will be considered
Be Supported: Whelan employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, supplemental benefits (including dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, and legal assistance plans), 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program, prescription discount cards, paid vacations, and more!
Be Challenged: Our extensive training program and career progression opportunities create an environment where employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
Be Rewarded: We are proud to acknowledge and reward exceptional employees who make a difference to customers, the team, and the organization through our comprehensive Employee Recognition Program.
Be Valued: We are more than a team we are a family! The distinctive culture of our family business sets us apart from every other contract security company in the industry.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to work at a family-owned, industry leading organization APPLY NOW!
Click Apply to begin the application process immediately; or if you wish to expedite your application, we encourage you to visit our local branch office located at 655 N Central Ave 17th Floor, Glendale Ca 91203 to apply in person. For more information, you can also call us at 818-649-7556.
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old