Security Officer - PT
The Cambria hotel & suites Pittsburgh Downtown is looking for a qualified, self-motivated individual to fill our open Part Time Security Officer position. This position is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of our guests, associates and hotel property.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing overnight and event security at the property.
- Conducting regular and thorough patrols of the entire property, including exterior.
- Noting any unusual conditions or safety/security concerns and taking appropriate action to address and report these.
- Responding immediately to any emergency situation and determining the appropriate course of action to ensure guest, associate & property safety and security.
- Notification of appropriate authorities when warranted and acting as a hotel liaison to any authorities on property.
- Preparing security, incident & accident reports as needed completely and accurately.
- Maintaining constant communication with other hotel departments during assigned using assigned radio equipment.
- Responding immediately and providing resolution to guest issues/complaints on first contact. Take the lead on resolving difficult guest situations in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the hotel’s emergency equipment (i.e. fire system, emergency alarms, etc.).
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all property operating systems, company policies and brand/management standards.
- Oversight and training of supplemental outsourced security personnel.
- Maintaining professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Attending and participating in required hotel meetings and training sessions.
- Any other duties and projects as assigned by the GM.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Additional training, (e.g. law enforcement) and education is highly desirable
- 3-5 years previous security experience preferred (hotel security experience is a plus)
- Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully in English – both written and verbal
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidential information – both written and verbal
- Must be able to interact with guest in a professional manner
- Must possess strong decision making & problem solving skills
- Functional use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Current certifications in CPR, First Aid, TIPs or RAMP
- Must have a PA state driver’s license
- Must have a security guard license from the state of Pennsylvania
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work on your feet/stand for long periods
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work days, evenings, overnights, weekends & holidays
Join our team, where you’ll be a BiG Deal! We want only the best team members, and offer some BiG perks that make us a little different from other employers.
- Competitive Wages
- FREE Parking Onsite
- Associate Travel Discounts
- Associate Meal Plan
- Healthcare Benefits*
- 401K Eligibility*
- Paid Vacation & Holidays*
- As an official hotel of the Pittsburgh Penguins®, our associates are eligible for discounts on game tickets & team merchandise
- Minimum Age
- 21+ years old