Security Officer - Free Guard Card Training - No Experience Needed
No Experience Needed and we'll Pay for your Guard Card!
Pay Rate: $13.50/Hour
Location: San Jose, CA
F, S, SU, W, TH
Lobby Officer/Patrol Officer
S, SU, M, T, TH
F, S, SU, W, TH
S, SU, T, W
S, SU, TH
S, SU, M, T
Seeking 10 Fulltime Security Officer's to work in North San Jose for a large Telecommunications and Network provider. Conveniently located near public transportation, shopping and restaurants.
Schedules available are FT day, swing and grave, starting pay between $12.81/hr. Great for anyone just starting out in Security and looking to gain experience!
If you are not licensed, we offer free instructor-led training to assist you with getting your Unarmed Security Officer License and we will walk you through the entire process from start to finish.
- Free CPR/AED and First Aid certified training provided if required for your job site.
- Come learn from true professionals, we’re recognized as an industry leader in training and development.
- Medical, dental, vision and 401k benefits offered
- Employees also enjoy numerous corporate discounts on hotels, phones and restaurants thorough our Work Perk partnerships. We also offer tuition discounts with education partners.
- We offer career advancement for our employees.
- We offer career readiness opportunities for law enforcement professionals.
- We are military friendly and we will accommodate drill schedules.
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
Allied Universal is currently seeking a Lobby/Receptionist. This position r equires basic receptionist duties and basic security officer duties (e.g. customer service oriented personality, computer skills, reporting writing skills, etc.). Most of the shift will comprise of patrol officer duties (lots of walking, conducting exterior building patrols, issuing citations, badge challenging, etc.). The other part will comprise of receptionist duties (signing visitors in, providing information, transferring calls, relieving lobby officers for breaks, etc.).
Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Answer phones or greet guests / employees in a professional, welcoming manner
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
Qualified applicants for the Professional Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Browse similar jobs
- Clerical Jobs
- Computer Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Business Development Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Greeter Jobs
- Friendly Jobs
- Hire Vets Jobs
- Full-Time Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Medical Benefits Jobs
- Retirement Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Telephone Jobs
- Security Jobs
- Work Outside Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Private Security Jobs