Hotel Room Housekeeper
Our client in Northville (8 Mile and Haggerty area) is looking for experienced house-keepers to clean assigned hotel rooms in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- Receives list of assigned rooms from supervisor at start of shift and proceeds to floor area. Wears hotel-provided uniform.
- Checks for rooms requesting early cleaning and handles these first.
- Announces presence by knocking on guest room doors; returns at a later time to clean occupied rooms.
- Removes old sheets, pillow cases, blankets, and bedspread from bed; puts old sheets and pillow cases in laundry cart. Removes trash, newspapers, and cigarette ends to housekeeping cart.
- Takes new sheets from housekeeping cart, positions sheet(s) on bed, and tucks in place. Replaces blankets and bedspread.
- Cleans tub, toilet, and sinks.
- Replenishes toiletries, stationery, and envelopes per hotel procedures.
- Vacuums room, sprays fresh scent, and conducts a final walk-around to assure that room meets hotel housekeeping standards. Turns off air conditioning or lowers heat for unoccupied rooms.
- Following a supervisory inspection of the room, returns to correct any deficiencies observed.
- Advises supervisor of room availability for new guests via two-way radio.
- Restocks housekeeping cart at end of shift with supplies sufficient for next shift.
- May report suspicious activity to security.
- May work in laundry room area loading washers and dryers and folding sheets.
- Neat appearance to represent hotel positively with guests.
- Requires ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English.
- Job requires frequent bending.
- Willingness to work a rotation seven-day work cycle and Holidays.
- MUST be experienced.