INVENTORY CONTROL MANAGER
The Inventory Control Manager supervises the freight process and oversees all products of the At Home business along with the Store Operations team members. With over 50,000 product items, this role spans the entire store from a merchandising perspective. Maintains a neat, clean and safe store while stocking and merchandising product our customers want to shop. Ensures merchandise is positioned as planned and is well organized on the floor and the shelves maintaining the safety of our customers at all times. Achieves success by providing problem-solving resources; managing store operations team members and working collaboratively across the management team. Maintains a back-of-store focus.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides customers a positive shopping experience through a clean, neat, and safe store while minimizing damages and shrink.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning team members to various tasks each day; following up on assigned tasks and following all scheduling directives
- Manages receiving a large volume of freight; checks in shipments; stages merchandise for the sales floor in an expedited and effective manner following all operating and safety procedures
- Plans and manages team in performing all freight functions including stocking and resets. Ensures Specialists are focused first in their specialized areas and adheres to all merchandising guidelines.
- Performs store recovery tasks and housekeeping (inside and out) as required during stocking efforts.
- Drives productivity by training, coaching, and supporting team members; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. This consist of training on all store equipment including forklift, pallet jack, baler, and waste compactor.
- Responsible for building opening and closing tasks which includes timely openings, operational readiness, troubleshooting, team management, and building security.
- Coordinates with Store Director to maximize scheduling effectiveness to support maximum output of freight and merchandising product on the floor.
- Serves as a role model and as a coach through living the vision and values. Builds a strong store operations team by helping team members understand strategy and the business model to ensure consistent and standard execution of At Home initiatives.
- And, any additional assigned responsibilities.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- At least 18 years’ old
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- At least 1-year Management/Leadership experience or equivalent At Home experience
- At least 1-year direct responsibility of leading 4 or more people or equivalent At Home experience
- Exposure to direct/indirect familiarity or responsibility for annual revenue, operating budget, or profit & loss dollars of at least million or equivalent At Home experience
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., team lift 100 lbs.
- Ability to lead, train, direct and manage others.
- Ability to comprehend, execute and enforce company programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors and subordinates both written and verbally.
- High energy and a high sense of urgency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, climbing, walking, reaching and other physical activities.
- Ability to work independently and lead others.
- Contributes to a customer focused environment while demonstrating excellent service.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with customers, team and leadership; keeps others informed and takes appropriate partnerships where necessary. Excellent verbal, written and comprehension communication skills.
- Reliable and trustworthy role model for ethical and honest behavior. Does the right thing for the team member, the customer and the company in all situations.
- Creates a sense of urgency; promotes team work, delegates appropriately; motivates self and team to accomplish objectives. Timely and thorough execution.
- Ability to comprehend, train, develops, motivate and lead in a manner of fostering a work environment that is smart & scrappy, safe and fun.
- Flexible and creative with an ability to handle multiple tasks where priorities shift with the demands of the business.
Browse similar jobs
- Cleaning Jobs
- Communication Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs
- Flexible Hours Jobs
- High Energy Jobs
- Managerial Jobs
- High School Diploma Jobs
- Leadership Jobs
- Inventory Management Jobs
- Merchandising Jobs
- Multitasking Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Retail Operations Jobs
- Training Jobs
- Stock Jobs
- Warehouse Jobs
- Writing Jobs
- Weekend Jobs
- Work Nights Jobs
- Retail Jobs