Advanced Supervisor - Ski Depot @ Silvercreek - FT & PT - Winter Seasonal - Granby, CO
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
An Advanced Supervisor is responsible for directing the day-to-day routine work of a larger group of associates, and is a key holder. Responsible for maintaining business standards and has increased decision making authority, acts as manager-on-duty in absence of other management presence. Also fulfills day-to-day work responsibilities for the organization as needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Full fill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Assist in maintaining and administering operational expectations by following company policies and guidelines
- Maintain and model high retail, rental, merchandising and cleanliness standards as set forth by the Store and Regional Manager
- Assist Store Manager to ensure sales are generated while demonstrating and maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Assist in on boarding and training of new employees in POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Assist Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Enforce company cash handling and other Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Communicate ideas or issues with the store manager
- Drive sales through direct communication with store employees to ensure customers are provided with the highest level of customer service, emphasizing courteous and knowledgable assistance
- Model customer service for employees and promote sales whenever interacting with guests
- Walk the floor regularly to manage the floor for daily MOD responsibilities
- Motivate employees to increase sales, units per transaction and transaction size in day to day sales
- Communicate with Store Manager to ensure smooth business operations
- Ensure that all safety standards are being observed at all times
- Demonstrate and enforce company values and ethics
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- At least 1 year relevant work experience required, snowsports and rental experience preferred
- At least 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn
- English fluency
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; stores are open 7 days a week and hours vary depending upon location, season, and type of store
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS systems preferred
Some of the benefits include:
- Free Winter Park Resort pass and EPIC pass
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Excellent training and professional development
- Other Qualifying Benefits and Bonuses
Our employees have been making a name for themselves since 1976 with their love for the outdoor industry.
Breeze at Ski Depot Sports located in beautiful Winter Park, CO is truly in the heart of the Rockies and the heart of outdoor living. We make sure our employees are taken care with both a Winter Park lift pass and a Vail Resorts lift pass. Our employees thrive on delivering exceptional customer service with the amazing selection of products our store offers. Share your enthusiasm for the outdoors with us!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 141624