Assists the General Manager in managing the operations and staff of an NOPP restaurant, including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. Participates in the achievement of store objectives. Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices.
- Trains, monitors and reinforces food safety procedures to Krewe. Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policies and health/sanitation regulations; takes corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Works with restaurant management team to meet sales goals versus budget and prior year, including participation in local store marketing programs. Executes appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance sales.
- Manages food, labor and paper costs and other controllable expenses. Works with restaurant management team to meet profit objectives.
- Executes Company policies and procedures for the control of cash, property, product and equipment. Monitors inventory levels to ensure product availability and orders product. Manages and maintains safe working conditions. Ensures execution of preventive maintenance.
- Manages, directs, and monitors Krewe Members to achieve QSC goals and to support total store teamwork on assigned shifts. Ensures "Customer Courtesy" policies/procedures are properly executed.
- Executes the restaurant's Human Resources programs for Krewe employees. Manages krewe employees in a manner that maximizes retention. Works with GM and other managers to achieve proper staffing levels. Creates and executes recruiting plan. Interviews and recommends candidates for selection.
- Provides proper training for Krewe through established systems and follows through to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Ensures proper execution of and compliance with Company policies and procedures on assigned shifts. Anticipates and identifies problems and initiates appropriate corrective action.
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge & Skills
- NOPP operating systems and procedures
- NOPP policies and procedures related to job responsibilities
- Supervisory practices
- Interviewing practices
- Krewe orientation and training program
- Federal, state and local employment laws
Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively. Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions such as counting and calculating. Must be able to verbalize instructions, directions, and day to day communications with subordinates, superiors, and vendors.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma and 6 months experience in the restaurant industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In order to satisfactorily execute and meet the above accountabilities and key measurement criteria, the Shift Manager must perform managerial duties on site, in accordance with customary scheduling requirements for this position. The Shift Manager must be able to stand for long periods without a break.