Inside Sales Rep - Earn $50,000
Thinking about starting a career in sales or looking to progress your current sales career? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment with real opportunity for career growth and advancement? Do you thrive in a performance driven environment where your results are directly recognized and rewarded?
National General Insurance is the fastest growing Property & Casualty (P&C) auto insurer in the United States and is recognized for our experienced leaders, entrepreneurial culture, and energetic environment.
We are searching for enthusiastic, motivated, and hardworking Inside Sales Agents to join our growing team in Portland, OR office. Our high performing sales agents earn an average of $55,000 to $85,000 per year with an hourly base pay and uncapped commissions. Top agents earn $100,000 !!! We are an inbound sales center so over 95% of your customers are already interested in buying one or more of our insurance products. NO COLD CALLING.
Prior sales experience is not necessary, but the motivation and passion for being a successful salesperson is a must! We offer eight weeks of in-depth training and provide you with all the tools you need to be successful in inside sales. Training covers the overall Property & Casualty insurance industry; National General Products and Systems; and proven sales techniques to empower you for success. Don’t have your Property and Casualty License? Not a problem! Training will cover the necessary classes to prepare for the P&C licensing exam.
Already have a Property & Casualty License??? Receive a $500 bonus if you're hired and successfully complete our training program.
What makes National General Insurance unique?
- Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers.
- Entrepreneurial, performance-based, results-focused culture
- Company paid training and nationwide P&C Licensing
- Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential
- Plentiful, highly-converting qualified leads
- Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us!
- Sales contents, prizes and competitions
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated strong sales negotiation and/or customer need fulfillment skills and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to pass Property & Casualty Exam and obtain Property & Casualty License (company paid)
- Computer proficiency or ability to quickly become proficient (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required
- Previous experience in sales (may include insurance, financial services, retail, or other related industries).
- In lieu of sales experience, will consider candidates who have strong desire and aptitude to start a career in Sales.
All candidates offered employment must successfully complete pre-employment process including a background check and drug screen.
- Minimum Age
- 18+ years old
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Paid Training * Medical, Dental, Vision benefits * Wellness Programs * Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance * 401k w/ Company Match * Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy * Employee Discount Program * Career Advancement and Development Opportunities * On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices) * On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices) * Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.