CAREGivers FOR SENIORS IN HOME DESIREDDid you know that Home Instead Senior Care provides care to seniors all across the world? We have been in business since 1994 and still making sure that we are the best company for you. With benefits ranging from health insurance, paid vacation, and so much more, we will continue to review the market and stay at the top! We hire quality CAREGivers to care for our clients. Call today to inquire at 615-567-7647
Home Instead Senior Care is looking for caring and compassionate CAREGivers to become a part of our team and join our mission of enhancing the lives of aging adults throughout our community. Home Instead Senior Care provides a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their home and meet the challenges of aging with dignity, care and compassion. As a CAREGiver, you provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. These services generally fall under three categories:
- Home Helper
- Personal Care
Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage, and assist an individual. The primary responsibilities of Companionship services include the following:
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
- Alzheimer's Care
Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation. The primary responsibilities of Home Helper services include the following:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
Personal Care services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living. The primary responsibilities of Personal Care services include the following:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
Secondary responsibilities include the following:
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Performing other reasonable duties as assigned
- Reporting hours according to office policy
- Reporting any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff
Ability to drive or take public transportation to client locations.
The CAREGiver position may require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle.
We are a business which operates 24/7 and 365 days a year. The CAREGiver position provides opportunities for a variety of shifts, including overnight.
An individual must possess the minimum education, experience and skills to perform the primary and secondary responsibilities the job requires.
Additional qualifications include:
- Speaking and hearing English clearly in person and on the telephone.
- Reading and writing English on an adult level.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach.
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations.
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner.
- Ability to hear alarms on equipment, to hear clients or other calls and ability to hear instructions from department staff and/or client family members.
Description of Physical Demands:
(% of time)
|Reach above Shoulder||X|
|Lift or Carry|
|61 or more lbs||X|
|Push or Pull||X|
*No previous experience necessary - skills training provided by Home Instead Senior Care*
We have a variety of shifts available, including evenings and weekends, with competitive pay and benefits. Full or Part time work is needed. Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity at https://www.homeinstead.com/772 or call 615-567-7647 for a possible interview!
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.