This position is responsible for collaborating with corporate Great Clips functional areas to support the business objectives of Great Clips, Inc., and its constituents. This position will serve as a subject matter expert on salon technology, performing discovery and analysis, project management, and quality assurance practices.
Key Result Areas:
1. Works with Business teams who leverage salon technology solutions to collect and refine user stories, including definition of done and acceptance criteria, to create functional requirements and test plans. Works with salon technology vendors to document technical requirements. Executes and manages testing, contingency planning, and implementation plans. Provides guidance to business teams in maintaining a product backlog for future enhancements.
2. Provides creative and logical problem solving skills. Understands and considers dependencies among other Great Clips and 3rd party systems and projects to minimize risk and to maximize human and capital resources.
3. Communicates clearly and openly among Business teams, Salon Technology team members, vendors, franchisees, and all IT functions who have a current and future stake in the development effort. Coordinates and reports on build progress.
4. Reviews Great Clips, Inc. roadmaps and participates in Salon Technology task force calls, documenting conversations and asking questions to understand business needs and works with the Salon Technology team to prioritize work and define requirements.
Key Technical Competencies
1. Knowledge of and skill in managing point-of-sale applications and working effectively with vendor development teams.
2. Knowledge of and skill in using a variety of technology and software including Apple/iOS, SharePoint, and the Microsoft Suite.
3. Knowledge of iOS management processes and best practices.
4. Ability to ask questions to gather needed information and troubleshoot technology issues.
5. Ability to initiate technical conversations between various IT partners and translate needs for the business.
6. Ability to quickly and thoroughly understand technical information.
7. Ability to apply project management and quality assurance practices to a variety of technology situations.
8. Ability to plan and execute projects in a targeted timeframe, as well as anticipate and mitigate project risks.
9. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
10. Written communication skills, including the ability to develop written communications and materials for a variety of audiences, and prepare technical documentation.
11. Verbal communication skills to initiate professional and effective interactions with corporate staff and vendors.
12. Ability to bridge communication among technical and non-technical individuals in an effective and consistent manner.
13. Ability to be flexible, such as the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle interruptions, and adapt to changing priorities.
14. Organizational skills, such as the ability to categorize, sort and utilize information and/or materials in a meaningful, efficient and logical manner.
15. Ability to work independently while emphasizing and executing attention to detail.
16. Ability to take initiative and follow through, such as the ability to take appropriate action(s) with limited direction.
Desired Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience as a business analyst or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Experience managing a point-of-sale systems and knowledge of iOS management is preferred.